Birmingham Hippodrome - Audions for King of Siams Children

Bruce

PRESS RELEASE

AUDITIONS

PRODUCERS OF THE KING AND I ARE LOOKING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE TO PLAY THE KING OF SIAM’S CHILDREN IN BREATHTAKING NEW PRODUCTION

Chance to perform at Birmingham Hippodrome

Music and Lyrics presents Curve Theatre Leicester's production of Rogers and Hammerstein's The King and I starring Ramon Tikaram and Josefina Gabrielle at Birmingham Hippodrome from Tuesday 1 – Saturday 5 May. Producers are now looking for young people to play the King of Siam’s children.

Children must have dark hair and be bright and confident on stage. They must be able to sing and dance and be available for all rehearsal sessions starting in February until the performance dates.

To be part of this amazing experience, children (and parents/ guardians) will have to commit to a heavy rehearsal schedule in addition to the performance dates. Children will also be expected to perform on either Wednesday 2 or Thursday 3 May in the matinee in addition to evening performances. It is therefore essential that schools are aware of this commitment .

Auditions will be held in Birmingham on Monday 20 February from 4pm until 8pm. Children will have to be accompanied by parents/guardian and be expected to wait until they are called. Children will be separated into 4 groups: Boys 5 – 9; Girls 5 – 9; Boys 10 – 14; Girls 10 – 14. Children are not required to prepare an audition piece.

Children have to be available to attend ALL rehearsal dates 15, 16 and 17 April all day (non negotiable). Three 1 hour workshops will be held between 20 February and 14 April

Children must be registered prior to audition.

To register please email KingandI@birminghamhippodrome.com with name and age. Full information will then be emailed back. Strictly no telephone enquiries.

Tickets For The King and I are available online at www.birminghamhippodrome.com or 0844 338 5000. Calls vary from 5p per minute. 5% transaction charge.

-ENDS-

10 February 2012