sunrise81

Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

The boys are the day after tomorrow, we either have to stay in a hotel or leave at 5 in the morning. 

Goodness I hope they do. Got a hotel paid for and don’t think I can take much more of this waiting game. 🤞

I would expect that as long as the schools are still open then it will go ahead? 

1 hour ago, Flower said:

Goodness I hope they do. Got a hotel paid for and don’t think I can take much more of this waiting game. 🤞

It really is awful. I am worried about Getting food and managing the whole thing- mainly I am just worried!!!!

• Like 1

I’m new to this forum, hi!!

I’ve just received the email about Elmhurst finals still taking place but I’m worried it’s not classed as essential travel. My daughter and I were meant to be travelling by train, now I’m thinking of driving just to avoid public transport. What about those who can’t attend because they are in self isolation - do you think they would get another audition date? It’s all very up in the air, isn’t it and I’m sure that there will be those who will not be able to travel, due to self-isolation, where does that leave them? Corona virus is getting very scary and causing all sorts of mayhem 😢

I think if people can’t get there they will look at the videos they took in the first auditions. X

2 hours ago, dizzyalice said:

I’m new to this forum, hi!!

I’ve just received the email about Elmhurst finals still taking place but I’m worried it’s not classed as essential travel. My daughter and I were meant to be travelling by train, now I’m thinking of driving just to avoid public transport. What about those who can’t attend because they are in self isolation - do you think they would get another audition date? It’s all very up in the air, isn’t it and I’m sure that there will be those who will not be able to travel, due to self-isolation, where does that leave them? Corona virus is getting very scary and causing all sorts of mayhem 😢

If you email them they will send you the specific video information they require for finals and they are very happy to have this rather than you attend. 

Such a difficult call to make ... everyone in the dance world seems to be closing their doors ... however, the latest email today confirmed the Final Auditions were planned to go ahead.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NotaClue said:

Such a difficult call to make ... everyone in the dance world seems to be closing their doors ... however, the latest email today confirmed the Final Auditions were planned to go ahead.

Yes, definitely a tough decision, my daughter really wants to audition, as do all of the finalists, it just seems surprising that all others are cancelled/postponed other than Elmhurst. I am sure we aren’t the only ones concerned about travelling, there’s still another day before the audition  and things are changing so fast every day. I guess I will wait to see the alternative and hope that they will accept a video audition.

Edited by dizzyalice

7 minutes ago, dizzyalice said:

Yes, definitely a tough decision, my daughter really wants to audition, as do all of the finalists, it just seems surprising that all others are cancelled/postponed other than Elmhurst. I am sure we aren’t the only ones concerned about travelling, there’s still another day before the audition  and things are changing so fast every day. I guess I will wait to see the alternative and hope that they will accept a video audition.

Agree - worrying. With everyone closing dance schools, theatres etc etc and non essential travel being advised to stop ... I question should I be travelling and staying in a hotel 😫😫 but I have a daughter who really wants to go. 
it seems so strange for it to be the only thing continuing? 
glad I’m not the only one wobbling about this ... xxx

I think Tring is still doing all theirs. And then of course schools are still open so .....  Also what about The Hammond? I don’t think they have cancelled and that’s not until Wednesday next week!

19 minutes ago, Flower said:

I think Tring is still doing all theirs. And then of course schools are still open so .....  Also what about The Hammond? I don’t think they have cancelled and that’s not until Wednesday next week!

Yes Tring went ahead today with Dance MDS auditions.  Parents not allowed inside the building but otherwise all as normal.

11 hours ago, Flower said:

Hammond still on as off last night, all 16+ students sent home as all live away from the Hammond  where as under 16’s are in the boarding houses so can be self contained, hygiene is also very strict at Hammond with anti bac in each studio etc  ...... DD is now having an extended Easter 

Watch this space ref Elmhurst Upper School finals next week as the school is shutting this Friday, in line with all other UK schools.

NO!!!! 

Not helped by working from home so i can watch for the mail....! How long does it usually take?

Good luck to everyone waiting for the results xx 

let’s hope they’re not delayed! It feels like an eternity already!

is there anyway to know if the letter through the door is a 👍🏻 Or a 👎🏻 ? Big envelope / small envelope? 😂

41 minutes ago, Lottie77 said:

Good luck to everyone waiting for the results xx 

let’s hope they’re not delayed! It feels like an eternity already!

is there anyway to know if the letter through the door is a 👍🏻 Or a 👎🏻 ? Big envelope / small envelope? 😂

We had a full A4 envelope for a yes. The school is still active online, setting work for students and in regular contact with parents, so hopefully the closure won’t affect results coming out. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdageKitty said:

Congrats Sissonne!!! Fantastic news!!

Thank you! I should clarify before I cause some serious postman stalking... our yes wasn’t this year! Sorry, I should have been clearer!

• Like 3

Just trying to comfort my DD. Does anyone know anyone at Elmhurst who auditioned for Royal and either got a no or swl for mids? She is feeling very down and I need to pick her up again with some good news.

21 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Just trying to comfort my DD. Does anyone know anyone at Elmhurst who auditioned for Royal and either got a no or swl for mids? She is feeling very down and I need to pick her up again with some good news.

My DD is hoping for the same @sunrise81, she didn’t get WL finals but did get swl for mids (which she was really happy about as hadn’t expected it after not getting to finals). She is desperate to get a yes from Elmhurst though. I just wish they would hurry up and send the letters out - feels like we’ve been waiting forever!