Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

sunrise81

There is a huge amount of movement at the end of year 11, some choose to follow completely different paths and some will have multiple upper school offers. Many will

be waitlisted after finals and as decisions start to be made and places accepted and turned down, further offers will be made. As said above, the year group numbers can vary a lot at Elmhurst.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just received an email regarding the finals at Elmhurst. Not exactly sure what this means...

Ā 

"Due to the fact that health professionals are being held in hospitals, we are also unable to hold the physio assessments, due to be held on the day. We will be in a position this year where we have to make offers of a place at the school subject to satisfactory physio screening at a later date."

Ā 

1 hour ago, AdageKitty said:

Just received an email regarding the finals at Elmhurst. Not exactly sure what this means...

Ā 

"Due to the fact that health professionals are being held in hospitals, we are also unable to hold the physio assessments, due to be held on the day. We will be in a position this year where we have to make offers of a place at the school subject to satisfactory physio screening at a later date."

Ā 

It just means that if they offer you a place itā€™s conditional upon passing a physio assessment at a later date.Ā 
hope that helps.Ā 

On 13/03/2020 at 13:50, Flower said:

It just means that if they offer you a place itā€™s conditional upon passing a physio assessment at a later date.Ā 
hope that helps.Ā 

Ā 

On 13/03/2020 at 12:40, AdageKitty said:

Ā 

Ā 

From experience RBS, Tring & Central have their own on-site physio teams - Elmhurst donā€™t - theyĀ have to call physios in which can also cause delay treatment should an injury occur.Ā 

30 minutes ago, SouthernBelle said:

Ā 

From experience RBS, Tring & Central have their own on-site physio teams - Elmhurst donā€™t - theyĀ have to call physios in which can also cause delay treatment should an injury occur.Ā 

Having had two children go through injury at Elmhurst I can positively add that the current physio service is the best it has ever been.Ā 

53 minutes ago, cotes du rhone ! said:

Having had two children go through injury at Elmhurst I can positively add that the current physio service is the best it has ever been.Ā 

Similarly, weā€™ve had no issues accessing physio whenever it has been needed at Elmhurst.Ā 

1 hour ago, Flower said:

Goodness I hope they do. Got a hotel paid for and donā€™t think I can take much more of this waiting game. šŸ¤ž

It really is awful. I am worried about Getting food and managing the whole thing- mainly I am just worried!!!!

Ā 

• Like 1

Iā€™m new to this forum, hi!!

Iā€™ve just received the email about Elmhurst finals still taking place but Iā€™m worried itā€™s not classed as essential travel. My daughter and I were meant to be travelling by train, now Iā€™m thinking of driving just to avoid public transport.Ā What about those who canā€™t attend because they are in self isolation - do you think they would get another audition date? Itā€™s all very up in the air, isnā€™t itĀ and Iā€™m sure that there will be those who will not be able to travel, due to self-isolation,Ā where does that leave them? Corona virus is getting very scary and causing all sorts of mayhem šŸ˜¢

2 hours ago, dizzyalice said:

Iā€™m new to this forum, hi!!

Iā€™ve just received the email about Elmhurst finals still taking place but Iā€™m worried itā€™s not classed as essential travel. My daughter and I were meant to be travelling by train, now Iā€™m thinking of driving just to avoid public transport.Ā What about those who canā€™t attend because they are in self isolation - do you think they would get another audition date? Itā€™s all very up in the air, isnā€™t itĀ and Iā€™m sure that there will be those who will not be able to travel, due to self-isolation,Ā where does that leave them? Corona virus is getting very scary and causing all sorts of mayhem šŸ˜¢

If you email them they will send you the specific video information they require for finals and they are very happy to have this rather than you attend.Ā 

1 hour ago, NotaClue said:

Such a difficult call to make ... everyone in the dance worldĀ seems to be closing their doors ... however, the latest email today confirmed theĀ Final Auditions were planned to go ahead.

Yes, definitely a tough decision, my daughter really wants to audition, asĀ do all of the finalists,Ā it just seems surprising that all others are cancelled/postponed other than Elmhurst. I am sure we arenā€™t the only ones concerned about travelling, thereā€™s still another day before the audition Ā and things are changing so fast every day. I guess I will wait to see the alternative and hope that they will accept a video audition.

Edited by dizzyalice

7 minutes ago, dizzyalice said:

Yes, definitely a tough decision, my daughter really wants to audition, asĀ do all of the finalists,Ā it just seems surprising that all others are cancelled/postponed other than Elmhurst. I am sure we arenā€™t the only ones concerned about travelling, thereā€™s still another day before the audition Ā and things are changing so fast every day. I guess I will wait to see the alternative and hope that they will accept a video audition.

Agree - worrying. With everyone closing dance schools, theatres etc etc and non essential travel being advised to stop ... I question should I be travelling and staying in a hotel šŸ˜«šŸ˜« but I have a daughter who really wants to go.Ā 
it seems so strange for it to be the only thing continuing?Ā 
glad Iā€™m not the only one wobbling about this ... xxx

19 minutes ago, Flower said:

I think Tring is still doing all theirs. And then of course schools are still open so ..... Ā Also what about The Hammond? I donā€™t think they have cancelled and thatā€™s not until Wednesday next week!

Yes TringĀ went ahead today with Dance MDS auditions. Ā Parents not allowed inside the building but otherwise all as normal.

11 hours ago, Flower said:

I think Tring is still doing all theirs. And then of course schools are still open so ..... Ā Also what about The Hammond? I donā€™t think they have cancelled and thatā€™s not until Wednesday next week!

Hammond still on as off last night, all 16+ students sent home as all live away from the Hammond Ā where as under 16ā€™s are in the boarding houses so can be self contained, hygiene is also very strict at Hammond with anti bac in each studio etcĀ Ā ...... DD is now having an extended EasterĀ