sunrise81

Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

On 08/01/2020 at 17:58, Princess dreams said:

Has anyone had their child auditioning for year 12 yet? We have next week, any information would be greatly received! Thank you everyone x

No one seems to be answering you Princess dreams!  Wish I could help , but I have a student auditioning in March for 12th year (6th form) she was accepted from a video application - so I'm very curious too!   Good luck to your daughter!

My son auditioned for the Preliminaries on Thursday 9th Jan at 10am for a Y8 place.

Elmhurst phoned me yesterday to say that the Artistic Director Mr Parker would like to offer my son a place to start straight away as he was so impressed by his dancing!! 😮

And my son hurt his foot at the end of the audition and had to stop  so he is very happy. I didn’t sit in and watch because my son didn’t want me to.

He has been invited up at the beginning of February for the day to join in with the Y7 ballet classes, have a full physio assessment, and for both of us to look around.

His heart still lies with RBS training where he is currently an MA, but if he doesn’t get WL this year, we will seriously consider this wonderful opportunity. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Motomum said:

My son auditioned for the Preliminaries on Thursday 9th Jan at 10am for a Y8 place.

Elmhurst phoned me yesterday to say that the Artistic Director Mr Parker would like to offer my son a place to start straight away as he was so impressed by his dancing!! 😮

And my son hurt his foot at the end of the audition and had to stop  so he is very happy. I didn’t sit in and watch because my son didn’t want me to.

He has been invited up at the beginning of February for the day to join in with the Y7 ballet classes, have a full physio assessment, and for both of us to look around.

His heart still lies with RBS training where he is currently an MA, but if he doesn’t get WL this year, we will seriously consider this wonderful opportunity. 

How totally wonderful for you both! Good luck to you both for WL - either way how lovely to have his passion for ballet recognised like this! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motomum said:

Wow! Congratulations motomum! That is incredible news!

My daughter auditioned at the same time as your son (but for year 9)

My daughter said she'd danced with your son (she said 'the boy who hurt his foot' so I'm assuming it was your son) at EYB Cinderella. My daughter was one Cinderella's friends (the smallest one!) My daughter said your son's a wonderful dancer with great performance.

I'm hoping my daughter did ok, but she said she was nervous and not sure she smiled enough!

Was Mr Parker the man at the audition? He seemed lovely - so gracious.

We have just received our letters - auditioned 7th Jan for a Y7 DS & Y8 DD. My son has finals but it was a “not yet” for my daughter. 

Does anyone have experience as to what to expect from finals? 

Good luck to all those who may be receiving their letters soon!😊

@Keoghcar yes it was my son.

He was the boy dancing with ‘the friends’ group at EYB and chatted with your daughter in the breaks.

Yes the man on the audition panel was Robert Parker Elmhurst  Artistic Director.

My son said he was really lovely.

Fingers crossed from both of us for your daughter. Is she going for WL Y9 as well?

Edited by Motomum

1 hour ago, Balletmum2Many said:

We have just received our letters - auditioned 7th Jan for a Y7 DS & Y8 DD. My son has finals but it was a “not yet” for my daughter. 

Does anyone have experience as to what to expect from finals? 

Good luck to all those who may be receiving their letters soon!😊

A no for my DD year 7, good luck to everyone, signing off for now x

What amazing news @Motomum! You DS must have really impressed. 

Good luck to all those already through to finals and hand holding to those still waiting. 

5 hours ago, Motomum said:

@Keoghcar yes it was my son.

He was the boy dancing with ‘the friends’ group at EYB and chatted with your daughter in the breaks.

Yes the man on the audition panel was Robert Parker Elmhurst  Artistic Director.

Fingers crossed from both of us for your daughter. Is she going for WL Y9 as well?

Yes she is - tomorrow at 1.45pm. When is your son's WL audition? 

To those with not yets, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking. If letters are out for 7th audition, we won't be far behind. As I said, I'm not feeling massively confident.

How lovely not to have to worry motomum. Fingers crossed for WL...X

20 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

No one seems to be answering you Princess dreams!  Wish I could help , but I have a student auditioning in March for 12th year (6th form) she was accepted from a video application - so I'm very curious too!   Good luck to your daughter!

Thank you. Good luck to your daughter for finals, hope to see you there!  

I’m a bit weird I never really worry. My son is having such a lovely time at RBS Mids and his ABA classes through Ballet Boost at Pineapple he’s not really bothered either way. 

For him it’s a win-win. He still gets to do what he loves either way, even with ‘no’s’.

i doubt very much that he will take the Elmhurst offer but as Miss Emma said from Ballet Boost, ‘What a lovely confidence boost for him going forward.’

Sons’ RB Prelim is next Sunday. If it’s a no, he will try again for Y9, and then if still no, he’s off to a vocational scholarship with the Russians.

He will try again for RB once he is 16.

He has a plan, unless the Bolshoi come calling. 😁 

Good luck to all the girls doing the RBS auditions tomorrow. There are quite a few of you we know.

So fingers and toes crossed for you all. X

• Like 3

On 11/01/2020 at 11:46, Motomum said:

Back in 2017 after the SS I was introduced to Mr Robert Parker as the AD of the BRB however it transpired he was their former Principal of the company having moved to Elmhurst bHe had been involved in the upper age groups of the SS. Lovely gentleman and so supportive. He tried his best to secure funding support (an emotive subject for so many) but sadly as we don’t live under the geographic boundaries of the UK, So his hands were tied. I appreciated that a gentleman of his standing would get involved in such administrative but still important matters. 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BusyDancemum said:

My daughter just finished the 11.15 audition for a year 8 place. Was anyone else there today?

Hi BusyDanceMum - we were there too, dd was auditioning for a Y7 place. She seemed to really enjoy it! How about your daughter? 

Hi yes she really enjoyed it too.  She auditioned last year for year 7 but didn’t get to the finals but wanted to try again. Good luck to your dd, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for results.

11 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi yes she really enjoyed it too.  She auditioned last year for year 7 but didn’t get to the finals but wanted to try again. Good luck to your dd, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for results.

And to your dd too 😊

27 minutes ago, Balletmumintraining said:

Those who have heard back from earlier auditions, did you hear by email or post please?

It's a letter by post. Ours arrived on the Monday after the audition on the tuesday.  But I know some people got theirs quicker with it arriving on the saturday!

What a fabulous school! Really enjoyed the tour of upper school today, some very talented dancers in the audition this morning, good luck everyone x

10 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

It's a letter by post. Ours arrived on the Monday after the audition on the tuesday.  But I know some people got theirs quicker with it arriving on the saturday!

Thank you, this is our 3rd year auditioning so wasn't sure if it was still letters in post or if they'd switched to email. 

Same size I think.......the only difference is an extra sheet with the yes letter asking for finance details.

6 minutes ago, tutugirl said:

Are there any result letters out today ?

They came out last Saturday 

Our post has been today and no letter! Hopefully Monday