Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

sunrise81

20 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

No one seems to be answering you Princess dreams!  Wish I could help , but I have a student auditioning in March for 12th year (6th form) she was accepted from a video application - so I'm very curious too!   Good luck to your daughter!

Thank you. Good luck to your daughter for finals, hope to see you there!  

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m a bit weird I never really worry. My son is having such a lovely time at RBS Mids and his ABA classes through Ballet Boost at Pineapple he’s not really bothered either way. 

For him it’s a win-win. He still gets to do what he loves either way, even with ‘no’s’.

i doubt very much that he will take the Elmhurst offer but as Miss Emma said from Ballet Boost, ‘What a lovely confidence boost for him going forward.’

Sons’ RB Prelim is next Sunday. If it’s a no, he will try again for Y9, and then if still no, he’s off to a vocational scholarship with the Russians.

He will try again for RB once he is 16.

He has a plan, unless the Bolshoi come calling. 😁 

Good luck to all the girls doing the RBS auditions tomorrow. There are quite a few of you we know.

So fingers and toes crossed for you all. X

• Like 3

On 11/01/2020 at 11:46, Motomum said:

Yes the man on the audition panel was Robert Parker Elmhurst  Artistic Director.

My son said he was really lovely.

Back in 2017 after the SS I was introduced to Mr Robert Parker as the AD of the BRB however it transpired he was their former Principal of the company having moved to Elmhurst bHe had been involved in the upper age groups of the SS. Lovely gentleman and so supportive. He tried his best to secure funding support (an emotive subject for so many) but sadly as we don’t live under the geographic boundaries of the UK, So his hands were tied. I appreciated that a gentleman of his standing would get involved in such administrative but still important matters. 

Edited by balletbean
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi yes she really enjoyed it too.  She auditioned last year for year 7 but didn’t get to the finals but wanted to try again. Good luck to your dd, hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for results.

And to your dd too 😊

27 minutes ago, Balletmumintraining said:

Those who have heard back from earlier auditions, did you hear by email or post please?

It's a letter by post. Ours arrived on the Monday after the audition on the tuesday.  But I know some people got theirs quicker with it arriving on the saturday!

On 18/01/2020 at 14:20, Calea said:

Nothing here either! 

We are nervously awaiting results this week too. My daughter auditioned for a year 10 place last Weds. She tried last year too, but it was a no. She feels she has improved but who knows!! Is anyone else waiting to hear about a finals place for year 10 from last week's auditions?? Does anyone know how many they take to finals in each year group? 

13 minutes ago, dancenthusiast said:

We are nervously awaiting results this week too. My daughter auditioned for a year 10 place last Weds. She tried last year too, but it was a no. She feels she has improved but who knows!! Is anyone else waiting to hear about a finals place for year 10 from last week's auditions?? Does anyone know how many they take to finals in each year group? 

Yes we are too, my daughter was in the 9.15 one

1 hour ago, dancenthusiast said:

We are waiting on a yr 10 and yr 7 result.