Jump to content
sunrise81

Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, Leo88 said:

Amazing news! Congratulations to your DD 😘 what number was she xx

Number 3......blue degas leo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sunrise81 said:

Number 3......blue degas leo

Was she in the 11.15 audition? What amazing news! Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Yes she was :)

I know who she was now,  Beautiful ☺️ Was so lovely to watch them all! Very well done xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leo88 said:

I know who she was now,  Beautiful ☺️ Was so lovely to watch them all! Very well done xxx

Thank you 😍💃🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Postman I spy has bought a yes from group 1!!! Overjoyed for my student! Congratulations to the other yeses and good luck to those still waiting

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2019 at 11:49, BusyDancemum said:

Is anyone applying for a year 8 place for September 2020?

Yes, my daughter is. Her audition is on 7th Jan at 1.30pm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi EmDancer,

oh that's good, We are the 14th January.  My daughter tried last year for year 7 but is was a no.  Her teacher thinks it would be good for her to try again.  I wonder how many spaces there are for year 8 and how many are auditioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi EmDancer,

oh that's good, We are the 14th January.  My daughter tried last year for year 7 but is was a no.  Her teacher thinks it would be good for her to try again.  I wonder how many spaces there are for year 8 and how many are auditioning.

I don’t think there will be a fixed number of spaces for any given year group. Unlike schools with specific dormitory sizes, Elmhurst have a fair bit of flexibility with accommodation. We have seen girls added to already large cohorts, and even mid-year admissions. If they want a dancer, they will make space for them. Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are all the Year 8 applicants auditioned together separately or is the audition class a mix of Year 7 and 8s?

Edited by TwoDancers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

Are all the Year 8 applicants auditioned together separately or is the audition class a mix of Year 7 and 8s?

I’m also wondering this as my daughter is auditioning at 1.30 on 7th Jan also - but for a year 7 place...

Edited by busydanceparent
Adding info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shellym said:

It’s year 7 & 8 together, I questioned this with the registrar 

What about the audition on 14th Jan? Is it also mix of year 7 & 8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hairpinseverywhere said:

I’m not sure on this, DD is auditioning for y10 on 15th x

I have 2 DD auditioning on the 14th, one for yr 7 and the other yr 10. 
fingers crossed for your DD xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, my DD is auditioning for a year 9 place (audition on 9th Jan) I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the improvisation element of the audition? It's my DDs first audition for FT training and we have no idea what to expect. This is probably a really stupid question, but when they improvise is it just ballet moves they're supposed to do, or just go with what they're feeling? Also, will they just follow some music, or will they get told to 'be a tree' or something. Sorry - you may be able to tell I'm not a dancer myself! Cx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We auditioned on 7th 9am for a year 7 & year 8 place. Now just awaiting our letter. Trying to occupy my time but how hard is waiting?! Lol 

 

Good luck to everyone. x

Edited by Balletmum2Many

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Balletmum2Many said:

We auditioned on 7th 9am for a year 7 & year 8 place. Now just awaiting our letter. Trying to occupy my time but how hard is waiting?! Lol 

 

Good luck to everyone. x

Did they say how long it would be before you hear? X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dancing feet said:

Did they say how long it would be before you hear? X

They said max 10 days but usually it’s a lot earlier. Sometime next week I imagine!🤞🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know how many auditions they had for year 7 yesterday? I know there was one at 9am and 1.30 yesterday. Were there other year 7 auditions in between? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 2Graceko said:

Does anybody know how many auditions they had for year 7 yesterday? I know there was one at 9am and 1.30 yesterday. Were there other year 7 auditions in between? 

I don't think so as the group before 1.30 group was year 9, 10 & 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EmDancer said:

I don't think so as the group before 1.30 group was year 9, 10 & 11.

Ok thank you x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...