• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BusyDancemum said:

Hi EmDancer,

oh that's good, We are the 14th January.  My daughter tried last year for year 7 but is was a no.  Her teacher thinks it would be good for her to try again.  I wonder how many spaces there are for year 8 and how many are auditioning.

I don’t think there will be a fixed number of spaces for any given year group. Unlike schools with specific dormitory sizes, Elmhurst have a fair bit of flexibility with accommodation. We have seen girls added to already large cohorts, and even mid-year admissions. If they want a dancer, they will make space for them. Good luck!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TwoDancers said:

Are all the Year 8 applicants auditioned together separately or is the audition class a mix of Year 7 and 8s?

I’m also wondering this as my daughter is auditioning at 1.30 on 7th Jan also - but for a year 7 place...

Edited by busydanceparent
Adding info

Hi there, my DD is auditioning for a year 9 place (audition on 9th Jan) I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the improvisation element of the audition? It's my DDs first audition for FT training and we have no idea what to expect. This is probably a really stupid question, but when they improvise is it just ballet moves they're supposed to do, or just go with what they're feeling? Also, will they just follow some music, or will they get told to 'be a tree' or something. Sorry - you may be able to tell I'm not a dancer myself! Cx

30 minutes ago, 2Graceko said:

Does anybody know how many auditions they had for year 7 yesterday? I know there was one at 9am and 1.30 yesterday. Were there other year 7 auditions in between? 

I don't think so as the group before 1.30 group was year 9, 10 & 11.

On 08/01/2020 at 17:58, Princess dreams said:

Has anyone had their child auditioning for year 12 yet? We have next week, any information would be greatly received! Thank you everyone x

No one seems to be answering you Princess dreams!  Wish I could help , but I have a student auditioning in March for 12th year (6th form) she was accepted from a video application - so I'm very curious too!   Good luck to your daughter!

My son auditioned for the Preliminaries on Thursday 9th Jan at 10am for a Y8 place.

Elmhurst phoned me yesterday to say that the Artistic Director Mr Parker would like to offer my son a place to start straight away as he was so impressed by his dancing!! 😮

And my son hurt his foot at the end of the audition and had to stop  so he is very happy. I didn’t sit in and watch because my son didn’t want me to.

He has been invited up at the beginning of February for the day to join in with the Y7 ballet classes, have a full physio assessment, and for both of us to look around.

His heart still lies with RBS training where he is currently an MA, but if he doesn’t get WL this year, we will seriously consider this wonderful opportunity. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Motomum said:

My son auditioned for the Preliminaries on Thursday 9th Jan at 10am for a Y8 place.

Elmhurst phoned me yesterday to say that the Artistic Director Mr Parker would like to offer my son a place to start straight away as he was so impressed by his dancing!! 😮

And my son hurt his foot at the end of the audition and had to stop  so he is very happy. I didn’t sit in and watch because my son didn’t want me to.

He has been invited up at the beginning of February for the day to join in with the Y7 ballet classes, have a full physio assessment, and for both of us to look around.

His heart still lies with RBS training where he is currently an MA, but if he doesn’t get WL this year, we will seriously consider this wonderful opportunity. 

How totally wonderful for you both! Good luck to you both for WL - either way how lovely to have his passion for ballet recognised like this! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Motomum said:

Wow! Congratulations motomum! That is incredible news!

My daughter auditioned at the same time as your son (but for year 9)

My daughter said she'd danced with your son (she said 'the boy who hurt his foot' so I'm assuming it was your son) at EYB Cinderella. My daughter was one Cinderella's friends (the smallest one!) My daughter said your son's a wonderful dancer with great performance.

I'm hoping my daughter did ok, but she said she was nervous and not sure she smiled enough!

Was Mr Parker the man at the audition? He seemed lovely - so gracious.

@Keoghcar yes it was my son.

He was the boy dancing with ‘the friends’ group at EYB and chatted with your daughter in the breaks.

Yes the man on the audition panel was Robert Parker Elmhurst  Artistic Director.

My son said he was really lovely.

Fingers crossed from both of us for your daughter. Is she going for WL Y9 as well?

Edited by Motomum

1 hour ago, Balletmum2Many said:

We have just received our letters - auditioned 7th Jan for a Y7 DS & Y8 DD. My son has finals but it was a “not yet” for my daughter. 

Does anyone have experience as to what to expect from finals? 

Good luck to all those who may be receiving their letters soon!😊

A no for my DD year 7, good luck to everyone, signing off for now x

5 hours ago, Motomum said:

@Keoghcar yes it was my son.

He was the boy dancing with ‘the friends’ group at EYB and chatted with your daughter in the breaks.

Yes the man on the audition panel was Robert Parker Elmhurst  Artistic Director.

My son said he was really lovely.

Fingers crossed from both of us for your daughter. Is she going for WL Y9 as well?

Yes she is - tomorrow at 1.45pm. When is your son's WL audition? 

To those with not yets, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking. If letters are out for 7th audition, we won't be far behind. As I said, I'm not feeling massively confident.

How lovely not to have to worry motomum. Fingers crossed for WL...X