Elmhurst auditions 2019/2020

sunrise81

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls in group 1 all seemed to be associates, and I think a few of the boys were royal JAs. I wondered if that was deliberate grouping? I know from previous threads children have felt a little intimidated seeing associate uniform at auditions.Ā 

17 minutes ago, Bluebird22 said:

The girls in group 1 all seemed to be associates, and I think a few of the boys were royal JAs. I wondered if that was deliberate grouping? I know from previous threads children have felt a little intimidated seeing associate uniform at auditions.Ā 

It might be deliberate grouping, but who knows how they sort all that lovely talent out!Ā 

My daughter was in the second class yesterday. Number 4 - in the Mulberry leotard. She didnā€™t wear her RBS JA leotard as I thought maybe it looks a little rude to the school to wear another schools leotard?! Anyhow, she loved it. Fingers crossed for everyone. This morning hasnā€™t gone so well, sheā€™s had her foot run over walking to school, so weā€™re sat in A and E šŸ˜­!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Darkbeans said:

My daughter was in the second class yesterday. Number 4 - in the Mulberry leotard. She didnā€™t wear her RBS JA leotard as I thought maybe it looks a little rude to the school to wear another schools leotard?! Anyhow, she loved it. Fingers crossed for everyone. This morning hasnā€™t gone so well, sheā€™s had her foot run over walking to school, so weā€™re sat in A and E šŸ˜­!

My dd was number 3 in the blue leotard:)

23 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

My dd was number 3 in the blue leotard:)

Aw, they danced together in the corner work šŸ˜Š. Itā€™s been a surreal couple of days for us. Sheā€™s in for an operation on her foot tomorrow. PossibleĀ small broken boneĀ and tendon injury. Quite aĀ deep soft tissueĀ wound in the top of her foot which is full of grit and needs cleaning out better than they could do under local anaesthetic. Anyhow, theyā€™ll patch her up and weā€™ll have to see how it heals šŸ™„.Ā Ā 

19 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

In group 2 the majority of the girls were in elmhurst associates uniform too! My dd decided not to wear her Royal JA uniform!Ā 

I agree, personally I think it is hugely disrespectful to turn up to any school in another schools uniform claiming you want a place at that school!Ā 

My husband a-likened it to turning up at Man Utd for a trial wearing a Man City kit!šŸ„“

Im not sure of parents thinking behind it as the white JAĀ leotards are not exactly flattering!Ā 

These schools take what they want regardless of whatever uniform they are sporting!Ā 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Darkbeans said:

Aw, they danced together in the corner work šŸ˜Š. Itā€™s been a surreal couple of days for us. Sheā€™s in for an operation on her foot tomorrow. PossibleĀ small broken boneĀ and tendon injury. Quite aĀ deep soft tissueĀ wound in the top of her foot which is full of grit and needs cleaning out better than they could do under local anaesthetic. Anyhow, theyā€™ll patch her up and weā€™ll have to see how it heals šŸ™„.Ā Ā 

Hope she's okay, Darkbeans x

Thank you. Sheā€™s had her operation and is home. Remarkably,Ā although the wound was down to the vital structures they were all intact. All cleaned and closed. Back in on Monday to see how itā€™s looking. Then weā€™ll know more about recovery time etc. Sheā€™s ok though, in herself šŸ˜Š.Ā 

• Like 3