• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend who was there last night with a good view has suggested to me that she noticed something ( that I don't think I should mention here in fairness to Takada) but which indicates that she  may have been unwell rather than injured last night. 

Certainly there was no noticeable sign that she had an injury or incurred one while she was performing but that doesn't mean she wasn't of course .....dancers can be very good at hiding an injury they may be nursing. 

Alexander Campbell has tweeted a curtain call photo of himself and Naghdi and writes:

'A quite unbelievable night last night that was only possible thanks to amazing team work and understanding from all @RoyalOperaHouse and @TheRoyalBallet . Sending lots of love and healing thoughts to everyone and huge thanks for all the wonderful support we received. #ROHbeauty'

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Yes  - it now says Takada replaces Kaneko and Hirano replaces Clarke. I bet you that it's meant to say it the other way round and in trying to clarify they've got it wrong...

All looks very odd...I too wondered if it’s a mistake? 

But on the website it clearly states Takada replacing Kaneko etc...

And nothing updated here...https://www.roh.org.uk/news/royal-opera-house-cast-changes-autumn-19-20

I hope it’s clarified soon. I’m guess people who received an email to say it would be Kaneko/Clarke haven’t received another one reverting it back to Takada/Hirano?

It's now 'correct' (as far as we know!). 

As initially assumed, Kaneko/Clarke will be dancing Friday night. 

Oh no wait...it's literally changed before my eyes...back to Takada/Takada and Hirano/Hirano...

Still Takada/Hirano for the 23rd. 

7 minutes ago, JNC said:

It's now 'correct' (as far as we know!). 

As initially assumed, Kaneko/Clarke will be dancing Friday night. 

Oh no wait...it's literally changed before my eyes...back to Takada/Takada and Hirano/Hirano...

Still Takada/Hirano for the 23rd. 

Perhaps there's a mole at the ROH following this forum and giving us some entertainment. Only possible explanation really.

P.S. I couldn't resist checking again and, as for JNC, first it was correct and then it literally changed before my eyes to T/T and H/H. It's a good thing I know I haven't been drinking...

Edited by bridiem
Sentence added
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Perhaps there's a mole at the ROH following this forum and giving us some entertainment. Only possible explanation really.

Yes...I really do hope they don't have people manually working on this at this time! Hopefully it will all be resolved tomorrow morning! 

• Like 1

It's very confusing....clearly a new feature, the  red 'cast change' link but have they worked out how they want to use it?  In my opinion the front page should always say who is currently scheduled to dance on the day....if you want to add a cast change button/notification for information then surely when pressed it should state who WAS dancing but they are now replaced by the people listed on the front page.   If Kaneko is dancing it should say that on the front page and if you press the cast change button it should say Takada is replaced by Kaneko

• Like 3

I remember sending a bunch of suggestions to the ROH website team months ago.

One of the suggestions was related to the announcements of the shows ( or things related to cast change for example) as a pop up in the inferior corner of the page that you could either minimize or close. The other one was putting a head shot of the dancers with their names on the page destined to the dancers ( like  literally all the other companies do). Another thing is that since they changed the websote I have no idea how to naturally get to said page ( unless I look up for it specifically on google).

Edited by Ingrid
complement text

It now has the correct details about who is replacing whom; but the headline cast is incorrect. As Rob S said, the actual cast should always be the one at the top. It does say 'cast change' at the top, but you would assume that the cast showing is the new one not the old one.

Why are these obvious/simple things so difficult for the ROH???

2 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

No, Mr Cockup wreaking his havoc, wherever he lays his hands

Due to a repetitive use injury Mr Cockup has been replaced by Mr Xxxxup 

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 4