Hotels near Elmhurst

Siconne50

Agree with Angela, Budget Ibis and the orignal Ibis hotel are both fairly close, as is the Holiday Inn or The Radisson. Short bus or taxi drive away from Elmhurst but especially if you are driving yourself and do not know Birmingham well, looking for hotels close to the Hippodrome puts you on the right side of the city to avoid driving through the city centre. Good luck to your DD for her audition.

I've stayed, over the years, in the Ibis, Holiday Inn and Rad and all have been fine. Parking can be an expensive do though. The Arcadian Carpark under the Ibis is more reasonable than the car park located adjacent to the Holiday Inn and let's not go there with valet parking at the Rad! All three of these hotels are an easy walk from New Street Station too.

If you are coming off the M6 I can give road directions to the car parks I mention.

Would any hotels on the Hagley Road be suitable? They would be ideal if you are coming off the M5 and you wouldn't have to go right in to the city centre.

Unless you are a Friend of BRB (check the "deals" in Entrechat), the Ibis would be the cheapest of the 3 in the city centre. I think it's usually a room only deal and the breakfast is quite basic compared to the Holiday Inn or the Rad but it is clean and friendly and I always found the beds comfy. I find the Premier Inn chain excellent, especially if you can get them at reasonable price. The free parking is a real bonus too.

PS, if you stay in any of the city centre ones, you are right by the Arcadian where there are several eating choices. My current favourite is Le Truc (which is attached to the side of the Ibis).

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice, never been to birmingham before! How many applicants are there in the audition classes? And how many roughly are there in the final audition? Should dd wear ballet shoes with elastic do they look at their feet in the audition? Sorry for all the questions!

I'd say yes to ballet shoes with elastics rather than ribbons and I would suggest (if for year 7) ballet socks rather than tights.. DD can't remember if they looked at feet in the first round audition - sorry, but best to err on the side of caution and have readily accessible feet! As parents you do get to go in and watch the last little bit of the audition, prior to that you get a tour of the school and a talk with the principal.

Good luck - can't believe auditions have come around so quickly!

Angela x

We were lucky enough to have an afternoon audition and went by train. There are plenty of taxis around New Street Station. Not sure of the distance you are travelling and what time the audition is. Good Luck to your DD, it's a lovely day and I hope she enjoys it :)

stayed at the premier inn at waterloo street just a few minutes walk from new street station and about £7 in the taxi to Elmhurst or if you cut through the station a 61 and 63 go to the school mid week stays are normally cheaper at premier inn xx

I've just done a quick check on the city centre hotels I listed. They are all close together and are about 1.6 miles to Elmhurst (checked on google maps). The Premier Inn Central on Hagley Road is about 2.8 miles.

Your choice could well be governed by whether you are driving or arriving on public transport. Any hotels with free parking in the area would be a bonus if driving. If arriving by train, I would go for the city centre hotels. Apart from the 3 I listed there is the Britannia or the Burlington on New St. These are all within easy walking distance of New St station.