Ballet Posters/ Prints

SugarPlum2000

9 hours ago, alison said:

Can you be more specific about the sort of thing you are looking for, then, SugarPlum?

I was hoping to find some prints of either dancers themselves or ones of scenes from the main ballets. 
I am hoping the attached picture will show but we had these hung up in my school dance studios which is what I would like however I cannot find these except for on google images.

C3F42187-564A-4946-8FC2-BA84AB2B07FB.jpeg

I too would be interested where good prints could be found. 

I am surprised that ROH is not making the most of its print archive and offering up more posters/photographs for sale (currently there are only a very few limited selections available both online and in store). Considering museums such as the V&A have a rather substantial back catalogue of art prints etc that they offer, I would like to see ROH offering more of these type of things for sale considering their heritage, they will have plenty of artistic posters and also photos of artists (both portraits as well as 'behind the scenes' type of thing). Perhaps they are working on expanding this at the moment as they didn't use to sell any posters at all in the shop. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, SMabbutt said:

Try entering "poster the name of the ballet and ballet". I did this for Sleeping Beauty and got one possible print. You could also try entering a role or dancer's name.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

16 minutes ago, JNC said:

I too would be interested where good prints could be found. 

I am surprised that ROH is not making the most of its print archive and offering up more posters/photographs for sale (currently there are only a very few limited selections available both online and in store). Considering museums such as the V&A have a rather substantial back catalogue of art prints etc that they offer, I would like to see ROH offering more of these type of things for sale considering their heritage, they will have plenty of artistic posters and also photos of artists (both portraits as well as 'behind the scenes' type of thing). Perhaps they are working on expanding this at the moment as they didn't use to sell any posters at all in the shop. 

This is exactly what I had been thinking. It would be nice to maybe see individual prints available from the swan lake photo book that was recently released as well as more shots available of other company members.

I remember buying full size copies of RB promo posters for their rep at the old ROH shop for the bargain price of £3 - It wasn’t so long ago really (less than 10 years ago - - DD had a fabulous Nutcracker one on her bedroom door for years!) What a pity they have stopped doing those! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

If a ballet company has been at a theatre near you, you could ask if you could have one of the posters after their visit has finished.  Because they are site specific with the dates on they are usually just trashed after the event.

Thanks for this idea - ENB are due to be doing the nutcracker at the end of the month near me so I will try then