Interview with Mayara Magri

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Sim said:

Agree, I loved her Lilac Fairy.  

I also agree.  A watershed day of performances from the wonderous Ms. Magri .... I found her Princess Florine in the evening totally enchanting as well.  Such gifts.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

I also agree.  A watershed day of performances from the wonderous Ms. Magri .... I found her Princess Florine in the evening totally enchanting as well.  Such gifts.  

Another Principal-in-waiting...joining the queue behind Fumi and others?  

• Like 3

Great interview! Mayara is one of my top favourite dancers at the RB ( I like them all but have a few favourite ones ). I’m very happy that she will be dancing Swanilda and Odile/Odette, and I hope I’m available to travel to go watch her debut in Swan Lake 🤗

Edited by Ingrid
Spelling
  • Like 2

@Dawnstar I have noticed how this weekend a bunch of RB dancers have congratulated the company as a whole on social media for going through this crazy week and basically making it work. And I get it that their schedule is crazy right now but I do think certain roles should be announced together with the leading couple, i.e. Lilac Fairy and Carabosse. 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, capybara said:

The dancers know their dates now (more or less) so you could risk asking a question or two at the Stage Door. From what is put up on Instagram, it appears that they are allowed to 'advertise' their shows on the day of the performance, but not before.

Unfortunately I usually only have time to go to the stage door after matinees & the next matinee I'm attending is 20th December, by which time most of the SB casts will have finished their performances.

On 10/11/2019 at 12:33, Dawnstar said:

I wish I could see her Lilac Fairy but with the ROH not announcing that role there's no way of doing so (I certainly have neither the time nor money to see every cast just in case!).

Mayara is dancing the Lilac fairy on the 20th November in the evening and 7th Dec matinee.

• Like 1