le Corsaire live stream now!!!

A friend has sent me a link to a live streaming of Le Corsaire by Novosibirsk Ballet staged by Igor Zelensky who is dancing Ali. It took place earlier today but the stream is still there. I've not long checked my emails or I'd have posted it earlier. You need to go to www.paraclassics.com and click on the relevant link. This is the same Company that streams the Mikhailovsky ballets. Sometime later they are doing a Novosibirsk Swan Lake. Hope it's still there tomorrow as it seems to be nearly 2 and a half hours long. I've seen the first 15 minutes and so far it is identical to the Kirov version but there must be differences later if the timing is correct as the Kirovs is only about 90 minutes though I've just realised the times will include an interval as it's a live stream. Must get back to it! So much for an early night! Joan

No Polunin wasn't there but it was great to see Igor as Ali again. He still has the marvellous jetes and soft landings. My computer was playing up last night so I've only just finished watching it. I'm surprised it was still there today. Often these live streams vanish overnight. it was virtually the Kirov version. Wonderful sets and costumes and good choreography and dancing, though the fountain was dry, alas! I look forward to seeing more performances on Paraclassics. I think they're doing the Mikhailovsky Nacho Duato triple bill at some stage and their Swan Lake also. I see on the Mikhailovsky website Duato says he is doing a Prokofiev Romeo and Juliet with some additional pas de deux for Osipova and Vasiliev. Perhaps a live stream for the future.

Just been back to the Paraclassics website to see if I could track down the Novosibirsk Swan Lake and it is still there despite being streamed on 20th October. it didn't seem as easy to find as I couldn't find the direct link on the homepage but if you do a search for Swan lake you should find it eventually. Unfortunately, although it is another Igor production he's not starring in it this time though as I only saw the first few minutes he may have a smaller role.