Prix candidates 2020

leotardmum

wow  the list is out...interesting reading 

australia puts forward 62 candidates and they take 12 ( one from our dance school !  ) 

USA puts 60 forward and they take 9

Japan had 78 and they have taken 13

only 7 from UK put in an application  and none selected ....... 

is this down to different training system in UK where most high level dancers already tucked away  at royal/elmhurst so dont often compete at these big comps do you think ? .... which schools  have the 7 UK candidates come from?...... 

377 applications and took 76 in total .... love watching this every year whilst sat at work ( with my door closed of course lol) 

Edited by leotardmum
clarity
  • Like 1

Yes leotardmum it is always interesting reading. 

The question around 'why so few UK applicants?' was explained well in last year's discussion. As you say, a different  training model from some other countries (vocational schools which also provide the academic curriculum and their commitments etc)

https://www.balletcoforum.com/topic/18740-prix-de-lausanne-2019/

18 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

You get a better picture if you look at the list which gives Candidate's name, nationality, school and country they are applying from. There are two boys from UK accepted. One who is Italian is from Elmhurst School and one boy from USA is entered by ENBS.

aha thats good to notice-will have a look at the schools closer ! x

8 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I’ve forgotten are the Groups A and B just random or is one group older/younger than the other? 

juniors and seniors most probably, in the competitions the candidate nos. are 100 (j) and 300 (s) for girls 200 and 400 for boys.

• Like 1

Yes, A are younger and B are older.  They have a different list of Variations for A & B in the Classical section, age appropriate and also divided into Female and Male.  There are also two lists, A & B for Contemporary, but some solos are on both age groups lists and some are gender neutral.

• Like 1

Many thanks ...I should know this by now but keep forgetting! 
I’m not a great competition person but do like this one. I used to like the blogs some of the dancers did ( Caesar Corrales  looks SO young in his one) but since they’ve streamed it I don’t think they do these any more.