Royal Ballet 2019/20 Spring Season Casting

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ‘ve been in two minds whether to book this or not but may give it a go with Corrales cast ...especially if he has to end up missing out on The Cellist...

mcRae is still in rehab but working hard if Facebook posts are anything to go by! He is making an amazing recovery but would doubt we will be seeing him before the Autumn. 

• Like 1

I haven’t seen Corybantic Games or Live Fire exercise before, but I’m curious and will probably book. Is there anyone who has enjoyed either or both of them, and would recommend this mixed bill?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CCL said:

I haven’t seen Corybantic Games or Live Fire exercise before, but I’m curious and will probably book. Is there anyone who has enjoyed either or both of them, and would recommend this mixed bill?

My 2p worth:

I'm in a minority, that really liked Live Fire Exercise. Its a series of 'typical' McGregor solos, duos and groups, in front of an ultra, ultra slow film of an explosion. Some found the backdrop distracting, others not keen on Mcgregor. I found the backdrop fascinating, and Wayne always manages to put in a few extraordinary steps that catch your eye and your breath.

Corybantic Games I wasn't so keen on - there are some good moments, but I found the costumes hideous and couldn't get past that dislike.

I don't remember particularly enjoying Prodigal Son - except when the Siren on stage

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

I found the backdrop fascinating

I agree (just as well, as it was clear from the programme how much it had cost!) However I found it so fascinating I hardly noticed the dancing...

• Like 1

Haven't seen the McGregor, apart from a horribly fuzzy clip on You Tube.  As zxDaveM says the costumes for Corybantic Games are rather offputting, but it's OK. Prodigal Son is, if memory serves correctly, rather different to the Balanchine we have become used to. So could be an interesting programme.Give it a try!

• Like 1