Royal Ballet 2019/20 Spring Season Casting

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, alison said:

Can't you post a link?  That's what happened last time.

I believe the link has been already been posted somewhere on the Forum but it will be useful to have it in this thread as well:

https://static.roh.org.uk/seatmaps/2019-20/ROH1920-BP3-Seating-Plans.pdf?_ga=2.193516334.2057004418.1574712416-319804654.1558825193

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 01:32, JNC said:

Thanks bluebird for notifying us. 

Slightly surprised to see McRae being cast for the Prodigal Son - this sounds very hopeful considering the comments that his injury was quite serious.

(If it turns out to be true it’s of course great he would recover so quickly but I feel that this casting is likely going to change, although if he can dance it I’ll be very impressed!) 

I hope he is recovering and can dance it.  I love watching him and was gutted he was injured.  If the casting doesn't change, I'd have a difficult choice whether to book for that cast or for the Sambe /  Heap casting as I love them both.  Tough decisions 🙂  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greypuss said:

I would be very surprised to see McRae back at all this season.

But casting him in something which might be manageable is good psychology and absolutely the right thing for Kevin O'Hare to have done (even though he has not given the Prodigal Son to three dancers I was hoping to see in it).

12 minutes ago, MAX said:

who did you hope to see in it Capybara ?

Nothing against the dancers who are cast and I appreciate that there are not enough performances to go round but I think that (in alphabetical order): Ball, Bracewell, Corrales and Muntagirov are, in their very different ways, made for the role. So it's 4, not 3!!!!! But, actually, there are many others who would also be wonderful.

I have a feeling that at least one of the four I have named will be a 'cover' and could end up replacing McRae.

But I am straying into speculation.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MAX said:

Tierney Heap is back ?  such a long absence....

She's currently scheduled to be back for the 18th & 20th December triple bill matinees doing the 3rd movement of Concerto. So, assuming she makes it, that'll be about a year off?

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

She's currently scheduled to be back for the 18th & 20th December triple bill matinees doing the 3rd movement of Concerto. So, assuming she makes it, that'll be about a year off?

More than I year I think. Hopefully she comes back and doesn't have to go through another injury like that till the rest of her career. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 16:33, bridiem said:

I'm also in a state of confusion. I have a note of a 'Heritage' programme in the Linbury with BRB 14-19 May 2020. Is it not now happening or are my dates wrong? 

The information is still somewhat scant, but there's now a page for this programme, with specific dates and times at https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/heritage-by-various-dates.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

The information is still somewhat scant, but there's now a page for this programme, with specific dates and times at https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/heritage-by-various-dates.

Is anyone else trying not to get too interested in this? Because based on the last year of the Linbury it'll probably be impossible to get tickets for.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Thanks, Lizbie1. I remember now that one of the reasons I was confused was because there's a Dante Project performance on 14th May so it didn't seem likely the company would also be doing a programme in the Linbury. I suppose the Heritage programme won't involve many dancers.

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Is anyone else trying not to get too interested in this? Because based on the last year of the Linbury it'll probably be impossible to get tickets for.

Well I did get tickets for a Linbury programme last year (I'm a Friend which I suppose helped), but then wished I hadn't because of the appalling sightlines. So even if tickets were available I'd have to see how much they are for seats from which you can actually see anything.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

The first night of the Dante Project (as yet only partially cast) on 02 April  currently has no "package" tickets  available in the Stalls Circle or Orchestra Stalls. I think this is the first time this has happened since I became a Friend...

Do you mean the Live Fire triple? The first night of the Dante Project isn’t until May.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

The first night of the Dante Project (as yet only partially cast) on 02 April  currently has no "package" tickets  available in the Stalls Circle or Orchestra Stalls. I think this is the first time this has happened since I became a Friend...

There were pretty much no decent tickets available for the first night of The Dante Project when booking opened for Premium 2 Friends!

2 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

There were pretty much no decent tickets available for the first night of The Dante Project when booking opened for Premium 2 Friends!

It’s worth noting that this is a big occasion for the musical as well as ballet world and I imagine a lot of the best tickets have been held back for sponsors etc.

There are currently 2 SC seats left, 4 in the GT, 20 in the balcony but lots in the Amphitheatre (comfortably half, I’d say).

6 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

When I booked as a Supporting Friend last week, it appeared that the whole of the Balcony (except boxes) was unavailable for Dante, for some reason.

1 minute ago, RuthE said:

When I booked as a Supporting Friend last week, it appeared that the whole of the Balcony (except boxes) was unavailable for Dante, for some reason.

Yes - 5 boxes showing as available in the Balcony and 1 in the GT.

19 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

It’s worth noting that this is a big occasion for the musical as well as ballet world and I imagine a lot of the best tickets have been held back for sponsors etc.

That isn't exactly going to make for a representative audience watching with an open mind, is it? Or is that not the aim??

40 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Yes - 5 boxes showing as available in the Balcony and 1 in the GT.

44 minutes ago, RuthE said:

I was told that this is because there are going to be lots of video projections, etc., and they aren't sure yet where they are going to come from and therefore where all the cameras are going to be.  I suppose that once it's all figured out they will release more Balcony tickets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sim said:

I was told that this is because there are going to be lots of video projections, etc., and they aren't sure yet where they are going to come from and therefore where all the cameras are going to be.  I suppose that once it's all figured out they will release more Balcony tickets. 

Ah - I see what you mean now, the whole run! 

26 minutes ago, Sim said:

If so, shouldn't that be made clear when people are trying to book for it?

3 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Do you mean the Live Fire triple? The first night of the Dante Project isn’t until May.

Sorry Lizbie  you are right,  I meant 06 May,   the Dante Project first night ...I checked again just now and  got Sorry tickets are currently unavailable. Returns may be available later.

• 4 weeks later...

The following description for the Heritage bill now appears on the website:

"The Royal Ballet celebrates its unique heritage through works and choreographers who have shaped the Company's history. Heritage brings alive the legacy of these choreographers, presenting works by Ninette de Valois, Frederick Ashton and Kenneth MacMillan performed in the intimacy of the Linbury Theatre by The Royal Ballet and guest companies. The Royal Ballet celebrate the rich British contribution to the international ballet repertory. These performances are complemented by a programme of insights and film screenings."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

The following description for the Heritage bill now appears on the website:

"The Royal Ballet celebrates its unique heritage through works and choreographers who have shaped the Company's history. Heritage brings alive the legacy of these choreographers, presenting works by Ninette de Valois, Frederick Ashton and Kenneth MacMillan performed in the intimacy of the Linbury Theatre by The Royal Ballet and guest companies. The Royal Ballet celebrate the rich British contribution to the international ballet repertory. These performances are complemented by a programme of insights and film screenings."

Not sure if this is new info (apologies if not), but the bill consists of Solos from Job  (RB), Dante Sonata (BRB), Sea of Troubles (Yorke Dance Project) and Valses nobles et sentimentales (RB). I imagine it will be very difficult to get tickets for this since it's in the Linbury and there are only a few performances. But it sounds exciting!

Edited by bridiem
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Not sure if this is new info (apologies if not), but the bill consists of Solos from Job  (RB), Dante Sonata (BRB), Sea of Troubles (Yorke Dance Project) and Valses nobles et sentimentales (RB). I imagine it will be very difficult to get tickets for this since it's in the Linbury and there are only a few performances. But it sounds exciting!

May I ask where this info comes from?