Sign in to follow this  
Lizbie1

Royal Ballet 2019/20 Spring Season Casting

21 hours ago, bridiem said:

I'm also in a state of confusion. I have a note of a 'Heritage' programme in the Linbury with BRB 14-19 May 2020. Is it not now happening or are my dates wrong? 

Maybe they haven't yet finalised the events?  If it is going to happen, I imagine it will be included in the Summer Season.  All being well,  they'll announce the details then.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 3

On 25/10/2019 at 16:33, bridiem said:

I'm also in a state of confusion. I have a note of a 'Heritage' programme in the Linbury with BRB 14-19 May 2020. Is it not now happening or are my dates wrong? 

Having checked with probably the best source there is, the heritage programme is still happening.  BRB are doing Dante Sonata and the rest of the programme will be announced in due course.

• Like 6

I was going to try and upload the seating plan for the Spring Season but the pdf is too big! Will try and shrink it or something at work tomorrow

Can't you post a link?  That's what happened last time.

8 minutes ago, alison said:

Can't you post a link?  That's what happened last time.

I believe the link has been already been posted somewhere on the Forum but it will be useful to have it in this thread as well:

https://static.roh.org.uk/seatmaps/2019-20/ROH1920-BP3-Seating-Plans.pdf?_ga=2.193516334.2057004418.1574712416-319804654.1558825193

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 01:32, JNC said:

Thanks bluebird for notifying us. 

Slightly surprised to see McRae being cast for the Prodigal Son - this sounds very hopeful considering the comments that his injury was quite serious.

(If it turns out to be true it’s of course great he would recover so quickly but I feel that this casting is likely going to change, although if he can dance it I’ll be very impressed!) 

I hope he is recovering and can dance it.  I love watching him and was gutted he was injured.  If the casting doesn't change, I'd have a difficult choice whether to book for that cast or for the Sambe /  Heap casting as I love them both.  Tough decisions 🙂  

• Like 1

I would be very surprised to see McRae back at all this season.

• Like 1

Tierney Heap is back ?  such a long absence....

4 hours ago, greypuss said:

I would be very surprised to see McRae back at all this season.

But casting him in something which might be manageable is good psychology and absolutely the right thing for Kevin O'Hare to have done (even though he has not given the Prodigal Son to three dancers I was hoping to see in it).

12 minutes ago, MAX said:

who did you hope to see in it Capybara ?

Nothing against the dancers who are cast and I appreciate that there are not enough performances to go round but I think that (in alphabetical order): Ball, Bracewell, Corrales and Muntagirov are, in their very different ways, made for the role. So it's 4, not 3!!!!! But, actually, there are many others who would also be wonderful.

I have a feeling that at least one of the four I have named will be a 'cover' and could end up replacing McRae.

But I am straying into speculation.

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MAX said:

Tierney Heap is back ?  such a long absence....

She's currently scheduled to be back for the 18th & 20th December triple bill matinees doing the 3rd movement of Concerto. So, assuming she makes it, that'll be about a year off?

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

She's currently scheduled to be back for the 18th & 20th December triple bill matinees doing the 3rd movement of Concerto. So, assuming she makes it, that'll be about a year off?

More than I year I think. Hopefully she comes back and doesn't have to go through another injury like that till the rest of her career. 

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 16:33, bridiem said:

The information is still somewhat scant, but there's now a page for this programme, with specific dates and times at https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/heritage-by-various-dates.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

The information is still somewhat scant, but there's now a page for this programme, with specific dates and times at https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/heritage-by-various-dates.

Is anyone else trying not to get too interested in this? Because based on the last year of the Linbury it'll probably be impossible to get tickets for.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Thanks, Lizbie1. I remember now that one of the reasons I was confused was because there's a Dante Project performance on 14th May so it didn't seem likely the company would also be doing a programme in the Linbury. I suppose the Heritage programme won't involve many dancers.

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Is anyone else trying not to get too interested in this? Because based on the last year of the Linbury it'll probably be impossible to get tickets for.

Well I did get tickets for a Linbury programme last year (I'm a Friend which I suppose helped), but then wished I hadn't because of the appalling sightlines. So even if tickets were available I'd have to see how much they are for seats from which you can actually see anything.

• Like 2