World Ballet Day Live - live and recorded

So it looks as if it's not actually available live on you tube... There's something going on on Facebook but not on You Tube. Not a great start to my day off work as now I need to work out how to get Facebook on my TV! 

Edited to add that it's now playing a trailer... Looks like You Tube is around ten minutes behind Facebook 

Edited by RHowarth

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RHaworth, I am pretty sure that live streaming will be available through YouTube as the link from the website https://worldballetday.com/

suggests this is the platform that will enable you to access the  various companies during the day, not just Facebook.

Happy World Ballet Day everyone. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if it got a feature in mainstream media like World Poetry or Book day?

• Like 2

Thanks for the reminder! Nearly forgot.  No work will get done today...

ROH have not reminded me which is odd.

I wa puzzled to search on the ROH website for the link, news of timing, who is involved etc- to find a list of sports people ....

Can't imagine Bolshoi need to bolster their image by bringing in sporting personalities. Ah well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mary said:

Thanks for the reminder! Nearly forgot.  No work will get done today...

ROH have not reminded me which is odd.

I wa puzzled to search on the ROH website for the link, news of timing, who is involved etc- to find a list of sports people ....

Can't imagine Bolshoi need to bolster their image by bringing in sporting personalities. Ah well.

I can't even find it on the ROH website! (I haven't tried the search box, but if that's the only way of finding info about it that is ridiculous - it should be being promoted to people who don't already know it's happening. If they take it at all seriously it should jump out at you as soon as you go to the home page.)

• Like 3

JohnS you have often said this and now I see how true it is. It is absurd.

The publicity could certainly be better:  I have several friends who go with me to the ballet sometimes. None of them had heard of the Day - only from me.

Why have the website at all then, if you are not going to mention the day's main news on it?

I can't see the reasoning behind it at all.

This is a great opportunity to get new people in- they could have done a lot more to tell people about it,  so yes I think it is absurd.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Why is it absurd?  If you want to get new people, why use a website that they probably won't look at?  A lot of people use social media now almost exclusively.

Because it should be being promoted on all the ROH's platforms. A lot of people DON'T use social media almost exclusively (though given the state of the ROH website I wouldn't blame them for bypassing it).

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Kate_N said:

A slightly different topic: I'm watching the Australian Ballet on catch up and there's a dancer who looks like DAvid Hallberg - I know he's guest artist with them - is he there now? If it is him, he can turn like a top!

I thought he was at Sadlers Wells all week with Osipova

12 minutes ago, Kate_N said:

A slightly different topic: I'm watching the Australian Ballet on catch up and there's a dancer who looks like DAvid Hallberg - I know he's guest artist with them - is he there now? If it is him, he can turn like a top!

I think he’s supposed to be appearing at Sadler’s Wells with Osipova this week.

For those who are sitll struggling I recommend the link advised by Odyssey: https://worldballetday.com/

You can watch there the continued streaming of the Australian Ballet and the Bolshoi Ballet as well as the Royal Ballet live.

After watching the RB live for one hour  I received now a message from the RB with an invitation to watch it. It looks they reacted to criticism on the forum.

Edited by Amelia
added 2 last lines

1 hour ago, BeauxArts said:

There are 3 couples: Ovcharenko and Denisova; Motta Soares and Krysanova; and the very young Pobbiniuk (spelt incorrectly I know - sorry!) and Vinogradova

The young boy rehearsing with Masha Vinogradova is Ivan Poddubnyak, a 2019 graduate of Vaganova, joined the Bolshoi's corps in September:   https://www.bolshoi.ru/en/persons/ballet/chorus/

The principals and soloists are here:  https://www.bolshoi.ru/en/persons/ballet/soloist/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

Alexander Campbell is really good but why do the Organisers think I want to watch people trying to do ballet on World Ballet Day?  I can see this at my local Village Hall.  

I think seeing the Monday Moves class and understanding the difference it's making to peoples' lives is really interesting and educational.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

Alexander Campbell is really good but why do the Organisers think I want to watch people trying to do ballet on World Ballet Day?  I can see this at my local Village Hall.  

It’s so we can get up and put the kettle on without missing anything good 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I think seeing the Monday Moves class and understanding the difference it's making to peoples' lives is really interesting and educational.

Good for you.  I am fortunate, perhaps, that I can see this sort of thing locally.  My good deed is trying to make tickets accessible to all.