I have just received a notification from the Royal Opera House's Facebook page that World Ballet Day 2019 will take place on Wednesday 23rd October.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, RuthE said:

I have just received a notification from the Royal Opera House's Facebook page that World Ballet Day 2019 will take place on Wednesday 23rd October.

Perfect.  The day BEFORE a ROH general booking!!! 

• Like 1

Wow, that's a lot later than normal.

• Like 1

I hope it is more efficiently transmitted than it was last year. 

• Like 3

I think this is being streamed on YouTube as well this year - which is great given the Facebook issues.

• Like 1

Not sure about that - it just mentions “highlights,” which is what it has done in previous years in relation to YouTube.

Edited by Balletfanp

A new link from the ROH....

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/join-the-sporting-elite-and-royal-ballet-dancers-live-and-behind-the-scenes-on-worldballetday-2019

Details are included of the  RB's class and rehearsals....looks great !

Royal Ballet Principal Alexander Campbell and Principal Character Artist Kristen McNally will present expert insights on Facebook and YouTube. The day starts with morning class at the barre (11am) followed by rehearsals of Coppélia, Frederick Ashton’s Enigma Variations, Cathy Marston’s new ballet The Cellist, a full call of The Sleeping Beauty and a masterclass of Kenneth MacMillan’s Concerto duet with dancers from the Company and students from The Royal Ballet School. Full programming will be announced in due course.

• Like 8

On 11/06/2019 at 13:32, alison said:

Wow, that's a lot later than normal.

it seems to be in half term so those who work with children can watch, maybe a bit harder for parents though.

10 hours ago, Pas de Quatre said:

Not everywhere. Half term is the following week for many.

I hope that works for you

Exciting, we are at RBS Covent Garden that day for the audition insight session travelling down from Manchester. Would be amazing to catch something of world ballet day while we are there. We aren't in London for long but fingers crossed :)

Northern Ballet has published a timetable for the participating British companies:

Watch UK Companies LIVE

Royal Ballet 11.00am-3.00pm
Royal Academy of Dance 2.30-3.00pm
Birmingham Royal Ballet 3.00-3.30pm
English National Ballet 3.30-4.30pm
Northern Ballet 4.30-5.15pm
Scottish Ballet 5.15-6.00pm

https://northernballet.com/world-ballet-day-2019

• Like 10

Apologies if I'm being dim, but how will the RB and the RAD be on together from 1430-1500?  

11 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Apologies if I'm being dim, but how will the RB and the RAD be on together from 1430-1500?  

RAD section will probably be classed as part of the RB schedule, or something like that

• Like 1

I think the UK companies' sections will run concurrently with the 'main' WBD feed. I expect that (unfortunately) only RB will be in the main stream. So RAD and RB will overlap and viewers will need to choose. 

On 30/09/2019 at 19:25, Janite said:

it seems to be in half term so those who work with children can watch, maybe a bit harder for parents though.

Definitely NOT half term here in Wales

Will this be available for people to view after the day itself? I have to work during the day so it would be nice to have the opportunity to watch at a later date. 

They always leave it up in full for a few days after, then post selected highlights permanently.

• Like 1

There were parallel streams last year, in addition to subsections within the main host sections.  I can recommend running multiple devices simultaneously ... if your WiFi can cope... to see the dancers / rehearsals you prefer.  Personally I’ve found the RB school section too bland and usually switch over at that point.  

I loved the coaching of some RB students by Belinda Hatley a couple of years back....and then very gratifying to see some of them in this years RBS show and the progress they have made since back then. Definitely some stars in the making 🌟🌟🌟

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 16:41, jules_skichick said:

Definitely NOT half term here in Wales

Hope you get time to watch 

23.10.2019.  Bolshoi Ballet will gather all its friends and admirers in front of the screen at 9 pm Moscow local time and will host 4 hours talk show session. Australian Ballet, due to time zones difference – will start first (4 pm – 8 pm, Moscow time), whereas The Royal Ballet, Covent Garden, will end up the broadcast (1 pm – 5 pm, Moscow time). 
https://www.bolshoi.ru/en/about/press/articles/announce/World-Ballet-day-2019/

Moscow is 2 hours ahead of London.

Has the Bolshoi press release got their am and pm mixed up? - previously it was about 7am UK time (which is 9am Moscow time?)

I just copied it from the Bolshoi's site. Thank you, Minder, for keeping a watchful eye!