World Ballet Day Live 23 October full schedule

23 minutes ago, RuthE said:

I have just received a notification from the Royal Opera House's Facebook page that World Ballet Day 2019 will take place on Wednesday 23rd October.

Perfect.  The day BEFORE a ROH general booking!!! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A new link from the ROH....

https://www.roh.org.uk/news/join-the-sporting-elite-and-royal-ballet-dancers-live-and-behind-the-scenes-on-worldballetday-2019

Details are included of the  RB's class and rehearsals....looks great !

Royal Ballet Principal Alexander Campbell and Principal Character Artist Kristen McNally will present expert insights on Facebook and YouTube. The day starts with morning class at the barre (11am) followed by rehearsals of Coppélia, Frederick Ashton’s Enigma Variations, Cathy Marston’s new ballet The Cellist, a full call of The Sleeping Beauty and a masterclass of Kenneth MacMillan’s Concerto duet with dancers from the Company and students from The Royal Ballet School. Full programming will be announced in due course.

• Like 8

Northern Ballet has published a timetable for the participating British companies:

Watch UK Companies LIVE

Royal Ballet 11.00am-3.00pm
Royal Academy of Dance 2.30-3.00pm
Birmingham Royal Ballet 3.00-3.30pm
English National Ballet 3.30-4.30pm
Northern Ballet 4.30-5.15pm
Scottish Ballet 5.15-6.00pm

https://northernballet.com/world-ballet-day-2019

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

There were parallel streams last year, in addition to subsections within the main host sections.  I can recommend running multiple devices simultaneously ... if your WiFi can cope... to see the dancers / rehearsals you prefer.  Personally I’ve found the RB school section too bland and usually switch over at that point.  

I loved the coaching of some RB students by Belinda Hatley a couple of years back....and then very gratifying to see some of them in this years RBS show and the progress they have made since back then. Definitely some stars in the making 🌟🌟🌟

• Like 1

23.10.2019.  Bolshoi Ballet will gather all its friends and admirers in front of the screen at 9 pm Moscow local time and will host 4 hours talk show session. Australian Ballet, due to time zones difference – will start first (4 pm – 8 pm, Moscow time), whereas The Royal Ballet, Covent Garden, will end up the broadcast (1 pm – 5 pm, Moscow time). 
https://www.bolshoi.ru/en/about/press/articles/announce/World-Ballet-day-2019/

Moscow is 2 hours ahead of London.

• alison locked this topic
  • alison unlocked this topic