Toe Tape v's 2nd Skin Squares

balletbean

Afternoon all, 

I would appreciate any personal experience and therefore opinions on the use of Toe tape as opposed to the blue 2nd skin squares. 

Tape seems fiddly and obviously not that flexible whereby the 2nd skin seems a good idea, except the price! 

Full time pupil ADV2 and can't afford any more blisters or time spent in flats because of sore feet with the upcoming Christmas Ballet production!!

Thank you

My DD was recommended the squares.... eyecwateringly expensive but I think tub will last a year or longer! Not heard any grumbles so think they must work wonders as her feet were a wreck after doing more pointe in a week than she’d done in her lifetime in the summer 😱

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

My DD was recommended the squares.... eyecwateringly expensive but I think tub will last a year or longer! Not heard any grumbles so think they must work wonders as her feet were a wreck after doing more pointe in a week than she’d done in her lifetime in the summer 😱

19 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Shop around too.... I found them on a sports website cheaper as free postage than on Amazon...think I found it via google? 

Thank you. May well consider them. I totally understand that per sq they probably are good value even more so if they work. It’s just the £££’s that requires a deep breath. Another pair of pointes would be less!! I’ve actually found them on the Amazon.com website. Even with postage just $17-27 depending on brand. Dread to think how long they would take for delivery though but like all our darlings. They need everything like yesterday!! 😂

I was looking at the 2nd skin squares (never heard of them before) ... do they need tape to hold them in place? Which tape works best? As I find micropore fabric or the plastic equivalent don't stick to sweaty feet! DD has rather sweaty feet! 

Not that we need these yet ... but I like to be prepared! 

2 hours ago, Pixiewoo said:

I was looking at the 2nd skin squares (never heard of them before) ... do they need tape to hold them in place? Which tape works best? As I find micropore fabric or the plastic equivalent don't stick to sweaty feet! DD has rather sweaty feet! 

Not that we need these yet ... but I like to be prepared! 

Looking closely at the images each sq has a peel off sticky back. No additional adhesive/tape required.   Like any sticking plasters always apply to dry feet. Slight dusting of talc may help the old tootsies. 😉