Hello, I am planning on going to London soon to get my DD fitted for new pointe shoes. She really wants to go to freed as she’s had them before and liked them however I’m not sure how the fitting appointments work there as we went to a local retailer last time (and they only stocked one make of freed and she wants to try different styles this time.) If anyone could provide some information to how the fittings there work I would be very grateful. Xx

Hello

There's no booking system, you simply turn up and queue. We've waited half an hour and we've been seen straight away, it just depends how busy they are. Some times my daughter has been fitted very quickly, other times it's taken several styles and sizes before they and she are happy. 

We live a long way away so tend to pop in every time we're in London and my daughter is now quite happy to go alone (at 15) if time is short. Any problems you can email them - we've sometimes booked appointments in Bloch and Capezio as well just to give her a good assortment to try.

Hope that helps! 

• Like 1

I would echo the suggestion that you may want to visit other shops too while you are in London. Freed may be the best shoes for your DD but she won’t know that if she doesn’t try others. She can always note down which shoes are recommended at each shop and then compare how they each felt before making the final decision and returning to buy whichever shoes she feels are best for her.  

• Like 2

On 13/10/2019 at 10:03, valentina said:

You could maybe call beforehand and ask which days Beth is in. She is such an excellent pointe shoe fitter and fits the vocational schools. 

Either Beth or Sophie, depending who’s in that day.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...