7 hours ago, RuthE said:

Incidentally, I watched a bit of my Rojo/Acosta DVD the other day to check something, and noted that Manon's Act 2 dress had sleeves.  When did it become the current strappy version?

Climate change? :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rob S said:

Climate change? :)

... or possibly just a simple 'cut back'?  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

... or possibly just a simple 'cut back'?  :)

Clearly a great way to get oneself mentioned in the  cast sheet and programme for the next run ‘Manon’s sleeves are generously supported by Rob S’ 🤔🙂

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Clearly a great way to get oneself mentioned in the  cast sheet and programme for the next run ‘Manon’s sleeves are generously supported by Rob S’ 🤔🙂

Perhaps you could go in with someone - have a sleeve each 😉

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

Perhaps you could go in with someone - have a sleeve each 😉

With several Manon costumes to finance perhaps we’d need an army of sleeve sponsors 

On 12/11/2019 at 12:20, RuthE said:

Incidentally, I watched a bit of my Rojo/Acosta DVD the other day to check something, and noted that Manon's Act 2 dress had sleeves.  When did it become the current strappy version?

Did it have sleeves throughout Act 2?  The current dress has a sort of jacket with sleeves which stays on for a while and is then removed for Manon’s solo and the pas de parcel.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Anna C said:

Did it have sleeves throughout Act 2?  The current dress has a sort of jacket with sleeves which stays on for a while and is then removed for Manon’s solo and the pas de parcel.

I just checked the Rojo/Acosta video. After her entrance with Monsiur G.M, Manon takes off her coat  to reveal a jacket over her dress. At some stage, she takes the jacket off  and puts it over the back of a chair (revealing the "strappy" dress).  Later, when everyone (apart from Manon) has left the room, Des Grieux picks up the jacket and kisses it,  putting it down again before approaching her.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 2

In the run a couple of years ago I remember Lauren Cuthbertson took off a jacket and laid it over the chair in her Act 2 solo for the two men.  She then forgot to pick it up again, so had to make it look like part of the solo when she went back to get it! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluebird said:

I just checked the Rojo/Acosta video. After her entrance with Monsiur G.M, Manon takes off her coat  to reveal a jacket over her dress. At some stage, she takes the jacket off  and puts it over the back of a chair (revealing the "strappy" dress).  Later, when everyone (apart from Manon) has left the room, Des Grieux picks up the jacket and kisses it,  putting it down again before approaching her.

If I remember rightly, that happened in the 2014 Bonelli/Nuñez version too.