It’s A Child’s World — Let’s Dance

Buddy

What are the nice, charming, lovely, loving….things that our children, grandchildren and other children have done or said in Our world of dance ?

As a perpetual beginner figure skater for the past 25 years I often see very young children performing feats that I can only dream about.

“How did you do that?,” I ask.

“I don’t know,” is not an uncommon response.

I once started a topic ages ago at another forum, asking children why they like to dance. Because they weren’t old enough to post at that forum their parents relayed their responses. Here’s one.

Why do you like to dance?

"it makes me feel like an angel"

At 4, my daughter came to me and announced that she was going to have a flat in London and dance for the Royal Ballet.

"You're going to need dance lessons," I offered.

"No," she replied, "I will be fine."

"Tell you what," I asked, formulating a plan, "let's put on some music. I'll film you dancing and play it back. You can tell me whether you will need dance lessons"

"OK," she beamed. 

When the music stopped, she studied her movements from the playback. Without looking up from my smartphone, she said....

"I need dance lessons!"

And the rest is history!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richieN said:

At 4, my daughter came to me and announced that she was going to have a flat in London and dance for the Royal Ballet.

"You're going to need dance lessons," I offered.

"No," she replied, "I will be fine."

"Tell you what," I asked, formulating a plan, "let's put on some music. I'll film you dancing and play it back. You can tell me whether you will need dance lessons"

"OK," she beamed. 

When the music stopped, she studied her movements from the playback. Without looking up from my smartphone, she said....

"I need dance lessons!"

And the rest is history!

Actually, I would have also loved it, if at that age, she had responded, " I'm quite ready for the Royal Ballet ! "  But still great !  Thank you.

Edited by Buddy
  • Like 1

That reminds me of my youngest dd aged six. “I’m going to be a ballet dancer with the Royal Ballet and breed Persian cats in my spare time”! We had two Persians at the time and I said “ Ballet dancers are busy people, you know , and Persian cats need a lot of grooming”. She smiled sunnily at me and said confidently “I’ll find the time”!

• Like 2