Cecchetti style leotards

Confuddled

DD needs a leotard for a Cecchetti competition - I know from another mum that there are strict rules about leotards but last time she was in a group so I just put her in what everyone else was wearing and didn’t have to worry. Is there a list of the rules, or the right type of leotards? From memory it was tank style, quite high necked, with a belt - is that what I need to look for? Do they have rules on colours? I’d be really grateful if anyone can point me to a list of the rules or of the allowed leotards, googling has not been much help.

5 minutes ago, ImgyA said:

Which Cecchetti competition is it? Different rules for different competitions 😊

The Mabel Ryan award. I’ve had a look at the webpage but am not much wiser. I keep thinking that one day I’ll know what I’m doing with all this ballet stuff...

I've looked at the photos from last year, looks like tank leotards. They're here:http://www.elainemaysonphotography.co.uk/gallery/?parent_id=232

I need to check with DDs teacher what the rules are for this one. For the Wales and West its just plain colour, not black,any type of strap. This looks a bit more plain and uniform. I'll post here when I've got the exact wording. 

What section is your DD entering? 

12 hours ago, ImgyA said:

I've looked at the photos from last year, looks like tank leotards. They're here:http://www.elainemaysonphotography.co.uk/gallery/?parent_id=232

I need to check with DDs teacher what the rules are for this one. For the Wales and West its just plain colour, not black,any type of strap. This looks a bit more plain and uniform. I'll post here when I've got the exact wording. 

What section is your DD entering? 

Lower Junior, I think. And the exact wording would be great. I need time to order online and send it back if it’s the wrong size, or maybe get it altered (she often needs the straps shortening and my sewing is rubbish, so I need time take it to the dry cleaners and get it back again).

1 hour ago, Peony said:

It’s a plain shiny nylon tank with belt- any colour. The same one that she’ll wear for cecchetti exams. Any colour. Might Hager away with a ruche on the front but definitely no camisoles!

https://gandolfi.co.uk/product/all-leotards/gandolfi-navy-official-enrico-sleeveless-leotard-plain-front-with-belt-928/

Thanks! Her last exam was similar but cotton and with a ruche, so I suspect I can’t re-use that one.

Was it a standard exam she did? I thought the grades all required the shiny tank Leo. The little ones all wear bright colours so I wouldn’t go for black, or white, unless it’s got a good lining! But otherwise anything that is the style of the gandolfi  one will be fine

10 hours ago, Peony said:

Was it a standard exam she did? I thought the grades all required the shiny tank Leo. The little ones all wear bright colours so I wouldn’t go for black, or white, unless it’s got a good lining! But otherwise anything that is the style of the gandolfi  one will be fine

You know, I’m ashamed to admit I can’t remember! Dd is asleep, otherwise I could ask her. I know it wasn’t a shiny leotard as she would have complained (she doesn’t like how shiny feels). It’s nice that she’ll have a choice of bright colours.

On 06/10/2019 at 17:29, HopelessMummy said:

Plain shiny nylon leotard. Tank, no ruche. No lace or anything fancy. They suggest bright colours to stand out and for pictures. So not navy or black

It doesn't say shiny on the details. Just tank. Is there something I am missing? 

This is the exact wording from the official information pack:

Lower Junior, Junior, Middle Mabel Ryan Awards:

A plain sleeveless, round neck leotard as pictured (insert grainy black and white picture here) with or without gathered front, in any colour except black, with matching waist elastic. Camisole or strappy leotards are NOT permitted. Students from the same school must not wear the same colour. 

So, I think we can agree that it does not specify the leo has to be shiny? Therefore a matte cotton colour should be fine?

49 minutes ago, Peony said:

if it meets the spec I’m sure they can wear it, all I’m saying is that all of the children I’ve seen at the comp have been wearing the shiney nylon so it’s up to you

OK, I think teacher will have to clarify with the organiser. We've never owned a shiny leo! 

It's a competition thing. Nylon ones look shiny... 

I actually emailed the organisers about it  last year and this was the response

'the Organiser who has advised that they prefer nylon lycra as it looks better under the lights, but would suggest a different colour than navy.   If her other leotard is a prettier colour then the Organiser has suggested that she should wear that.'