Painting leather ballet shoes

Paleblueleotard

Has anyone ever done this, and is it worth the effort re buying the paint and does the new colour lasts for the duration of once a week shoe use? We have oodles of old but still serviceable pairs from our oldest, but now her younger sibling is starting ballet and it seems a shame to have to go and buy new shoes, when we have a stable of shoes already, albeit in pink not in white.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. I suspected as much re the longevity of any painting that it would be fine for a few weeks only. I don't know if there is such as thing as movable shoe paint  - I've seen it advertised online in Australia when I googled painting leather ballet shoes.

It would be easier if it was black shoes that was required, as we could colour them in with a sharpie or something 😀

You can get leather dyes (I"ve used it to touch up my leather sofa) but I think it would be hard to change from a darker colour to white whatever you use. And  you would probably spend nearly as much on products to change the colour as you would on a new pair, plus the chemicals will still have an environmental impact. To be honest, i would just buy some new ones, and recycle your old ones, either by giving them away at the dance school or put them in a clothing bank/charity shop.

Edited by Pups_mum
Typos
  • Like 1