10% discount on ballet things for members!

Sheila Beelam

Hi guys :)

I've had a few members asking for bits and pieces recently, so I've decided to continue the 10% off for balletco forum members as a thank you for your support :) The discount is scheduled to run to the 30 November 2012.

If you enter balletco10 at the checkout the 10% discount will be deducted automatically. At the moment we also have 10% off a wide selection of warm up gear and some lovely new So-Danca leotards in (not all black!) so it's a good time to shop!

Sheila x

• Like 2

Sorry! Should have posted the link :)

http://www.justballet.co.uk/

For those of you who don't know me, I am an accountant by day and dancer by night - oh that sounds strange :unsure: What I mean is I fill my spare time doing ballet, rather than being a dancer of the night! I also have a 16yr old DD and over the years have nurtured an idea to set up my own ballet shop.

Over the Spring/Summer my DD and I put our heads together and came up with Just Ballet. She designed the logo from a lino print she did for her GCSE art and we started to develop our range.

We've had fun trying all the stock - just to be sure it's suitable, not because we love it all....but we hope you all love our selections too.

There's everything from tights to books, tutus to rosin, tea cups to jigsaws - and of course everything is ballet related. We'll be in Dancing TImes this week an ad in Country Life, then Move It next year - so things are moving fast!

The wonderful Anjuli has written some articles for us and we are in the process of writing a ballet glossary and series of "how to guides".

We appreciate all feedback and ideas of products you would like to see. We have been thrilled to discover things that we've never used before such as the Danskin compression tights and enjoyed putting our own products together, like the Rosin pots, bun pots and pointe shoe darning kits!

We hope you enjoy browsing the site and the gorgeous photos - yes I am also very proud that my DD modelled for the tutus!

If you can like us on face book or follwo us on twitter, that would be great too! "Justballetuk"

Thanks you and apologies for the long post!

Sx

• Like 2

Sheila: it a very attractive and impressive site, love the logo too. I was a little surprised at the range you have. However I was a little surprised to see your section on “exercise and barres” , I was expecting to see something like portable ballet barre’s etc, rather than resistance bands especially as I had just bought a portable double ballet barre from the US, but that was OK. I would hate to have seen something similar or better on your site knowing I had already bought one and had to wait a long time for it delivery.

It’s really a very nice site; I’ve popped it into my ballet short cuts and no doubt will be shopping with you in the near future.

Michelle x

Tulip, I've emailed the French company, so hopefully will hear back from them next week - lovely items - but they are pricey!

Michelle, thank you! The site is developing daily, it was just an idea in my head in March this year, so we've moved fairly quickly. The "excercise and barres" section will be expanded in due course, with portable barres, wobble boards etc but sourcing all our products is time consuming!

Other areas that are definitely lacking are mens, make up (none! but we want to stock stage make up) and bags. DD and I are launching this whilst holding down a full time job (me) and 4 A'levels (DD) so sadly my ballet classes have been drastically reduced to free up time and weekends are now a thing of the past! BUT we are loving it!

Sx

Edited for typos!

Edited by Just Ballet
  • Like 1

Thanks Sheila:

My studio is now reasonably well equipped and have those items you mentioned, I’m so sorry no shipping orders from me, but there will be a few bits and pieces when I get myself sorted out. The main thing I have to get now is a sprung floor. The floor I have is Vinyl by Harlequin dance floors; I originally got it so it would not get penetrated by high heels for Salsa, that it does very well. But having done ballet on a sprung floor particular with jumps, it feels completely different, both from the fall and the energy release on the next rise.

Never the less I will keep an eye on your site for your new products.

Michelle x

Edited by Michelle_Richer
  • Like 2

Apologies to all of you who tried to apply your code over the weekend, the gremlins in our website decided they don't want to let me re-instate a code I've used before. So, if you enter Ballet10 it will work - I promise! 10% discount will come off the basket total and this will run unitl 30/11/12.

Thanks for your patience!

• Like 2

I have a couple of requests too, if that's ok! :-)

One is "foamier" toe tape than the Bunheads stuff, which is too much like masking tape - I don't know if this Gaynor toe wrap is any better but it looks softer? http://www.dancia.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=202085

And the "light brown" colour in Bunheads hair nets etc. as the blonde is too light for dd and the brown is too dark!

Thank you :-) x

• Like 1

Thanks Kathy G, when I last asked, Wear Moi wouldn't stock us as we didn't have a street shop :(

...The Degas wholesale team are sending me a catalogue though - looking forward to sampling those!

Spannerandpony, I agree with you about the bunheads tape - I find it slips off if you're feet get sweaty...ewwww... I will add the Gaynot toe tape to my next order with them and try it in my pointe class :D

Bunheads brown comes in three shades - light, mid and dark, so along with blonde and black, we went for mid brown. The hair elastics in mid brown are more ginger though - I'll add more browns to my next Capezio order!

All4dancers, thank you so much :) It's funny seeing user names, I'll have to look up who you are as we had a very, very busy weekend of sales!

....and I AM still working on the boys/mens list :)

• Like 2

Hi Michelle

If you enter ballet10 in voucher code box discount, then click "apply voucher" 10% will be deducted from the total.

It shouldnt make a difference if you use a capital B or not! I've just tried with both and it worked?

Let me know if you're still having problems, we've had quite a few checkouts with the code today and seems to be ok?

Sx

Sheila

Fantastic, everything arrived this morning (Saturday) , effectively the next day, it all fits fine, I must confess, I thought I was taking a bit of a chance with the Gaynor Minden Leotard as I’m big busted, but that fits fine. That sort of delivery is a good discriminator, especially for me as I hate waiting for things or cueing, did love the samples too.

Many many thanks, and I WILL BE BACK.

Michelle x

• Like 1

My order arrived too this morning, so quick. Beautifully presented with such a personnel touch. I would have let you know earlier but non-dd had a taster session for a job so had to dash out. Have to wait until Christmas to see if it fits dd

• Like 1