The Australian Ballet 2020 season - A Month in the Country makes its TAB début, Alice Topp from strength to strength, co-productions with the Joffrey and American Ballet Theatre...David McAllister's final season as AD.

Queensland Ballet 2020 season - Dracula was a success in WA, Stevenson's Nutcracker now a company staple, and new work including one from HNB principal Remi Wortmeyer.

West Australian Ballet has not yet announced their 2020 season but I will add it here when they do.

• Like 4

West Australian Ballet 2020 season - starts with a mixed bill at the Quarry Amphitheatre (Krzysztof Pastor's In Light and Shadow, an extract from Graeme Murphy's Air and Other Invisible Forces, Wubkje Kuindersma's Architecture of Hope - a co-production with HNB), then a mixed bill of new works by company members, then Javier Torres' Sleeping Beauty, another mixed bill featuring the full Air and Other Invisible Forces plus Pygmalion and Galatea and Garry Stewart's Reincarnation with contemporary dance company, Co:3 Australia, followed by Pastor's Dracula (also on QB's slate), and finishing with seasons of The Nutcracker and a "Gala" which will run in a repertory-style season.

• Like 1

hmmm thank you Sophoife.  I could have done with some more classical ballet favourites.  

Maybe I should keep a closer eye on tours by overseas companies for that in 2020.

• Like 1

Mmm yeah @DD Driver sad to say the AB ones that most excite me are Alice's new piece, Month (and I bet you we get Hallberg for that), and Molto Vivace plus Chroma which to my surprise I enjoyed last time round. Never liked Anna Karenina from when I first read it.

Both QB and WAB are doing Beauty, Nutcracker and Dracula - you would think Li Cunxin and Aurélien Scannella might at least have chosen slightly different full-length ballets! 😉

• Like 1