Sadler's Wells Spring season

2 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

I've never managed to get a discount at SW for being a friend of NB or BRB.  I used to get the multi-buy discount though.

BRB Friends do get a discount at Sadler's Wells. When I did my original booking for BRB's Giselle for myself and my friends,  I used up all my allocation as a Member of Sadler's Wells.  I then needed a further ticket and was given a discounted ticket as a Friend of BRB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluebird said:

BRB Friends do get a discount at Sadler's Wells. When I did my original booking for BRB's Giselle for myself and my friends,  I used up all my allocation as a Member of Sadler's Wells.  I then needed a further ticket and was given a discounted ticket as a Friend of BRB.

Thanks Bluebird ... oh well...

Despite SW getting rid of the 20% multibuy discount and the concessions, I did recently realise they do offer full refunds on any performance as long as you notify them at least 24 hours in advance. 

I thought this was very generous as I can’t think of another theatre that does this - ROH and others sometimes will sell on returns but there is no guarantee.

Having said that, if you can’t go because of a very last minute emergency you’re likely not to be covered due to the 24 hour minimum notice. I’d almost prefer to have no booking fees to be honest as it would be rare for me to just decide a few days before that I don’t feel like it. I find ROH’s policy very fair in that it allows returns up till quite last minute, if sold I do think the £4 admin charge is reasonable. It’s a way of having flexibility whilst also ensuring they don’t suffer a loss (and actually if the ticket is sold they’ve made money!). 

Anyway I’m sure most people were already aware of the SW policy but thought I’d mention it as I just assumed no arts venue would give an outright guaranteed refund! 

1 minute ago, JNC said:

Despite SW getting rid of the 20% multibuy discount and the concessions, I did recently realise they do offer full refunds on any performance as long as you notify them at least 24 hours in advance.

It's not a full refund.  There's an admin fee of £2.50.  Also, they don't actually refund the money.  They give you a 'gift certificate' to be used against a future purchase.

• Like 4

Not important because it no longer exists, but I think the multibuy discount was 10% not 20% - 20% is the members discount.

I remember weighing up whether or not to become a member and deciding against because it would only amount to a 10% discount in practice as I nearly always book for more than one show - perhaps this was one reason why they dropped the multibuy offer.

25 minutes ago, JNC said:

I thought this was very generous as I can’t think of another theatre that does this

The Barbican has a similar policy, i.e. a credit voucher (minus admin fee), provided you give them at least 24 hours notice.  However, unless you pay to extend them, the Barbican vouchers are only valid for 6 months whereas the Sadler's Wells gift vouchers are valid for two years.   The South Bank Centre also gives credit vouchers (minus admin fee) which are valid for a year. I believe you have to notify them at least 48 hours before the performance.

Edited by Bluebird

9 hours ago, Bluebird said:

It's not a full refund.  There's an admin fee of £2.50.  Also, they don't actually refund the money.  They give you a 'gift certificate' to be used against a future purchase.

Ah fair enough! Still quite a good policy though as it’s pretty likely I would use up the credit voucher (especially within 2 years). Less helpful for someone who is travelling in from out of town, though unless they live outside the U.K. I presume someone who is travelling for a specific performance has enough of an interest in the arts to make use of the voucher.