HopelessMummy

London children's ballet- advice please?

12 minutes ago, StephB said:

Hello, I hope I'm asking the question in the right thread but has anyone from last Sunday (20th) LCB's auditions heard about finals?

DD was recalled on the day for 2nd audition and now waiting to hear if she's recalled for final one. Thank you! 😊

Hi StephB, our DD was recalled as well and no, we haven’t heard anything yet about finals. Hope to hear something soon. Maybe they have taken the week off for half-term? 🙂

Not heard here either. Last year it took 10 days between first day to hear about finals but we were expecting to hear today as the previous week’s audition results were released in 4 days. Oh well, glad not to have a ‘no’ tonight to manage. I might give them a ring on Monday to find out when we might hear. Good luck to everyone waiting for news!

25 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

The lady told us as we were leaving that we would hear back this week. Anyone else told that?

No, but we were at the very end of the day and I was more concerned with catching the train home. 😊

My daughter has been asked back to the finals audition in November. Does anybody know roughly how many children get to the finals please and how long the audition will last? 

18 hours ago, Catlynn said:

Hi StephB, our DD was recalled as well and no, we haven’t heard anything yet about finals. Hope to hear something soon. Maybe they have taken the week off for half-term? 🙂

Hi Catlynn. Sorry, I didn't notice your reply yesterday (I'm very new to this). I thought the same about half-term. Fingers crossed we hear something soon 😊

Edited by StephB

10 hours ago, Honeyfruits said:

My daughter has been asked back to the finals audition in November. Does anybody know roughly how many children get to the finals please and how long the audition will last? 

Hi, what date did your daughter audition please? 
I gather the final audition is similar to the other 2 but harder, they learn small sequences from the ballet to try out and everyone is impressive so competition is stiff. I don’t know numbers, just that 600 applied to audition.

I don't know exactly how many get finals but they look to choose around seven from each age group.  That said the oldest girls are age 14 and boys 16 so this does vary.  It also depends on the parts and relative height and technical ability.  As with everything in the world of dance a no is not always a reflection on ability.  Well done to those who have finals and good luck with the audition.

Thanks both of you.

My daughter auditioned on the 13th Oct and heard back about the final audition about 4 days later 😊

Good morning. I've just called the LCB's office and been told that the emails regarding October 20th audition's results will be sent out later today. 

The wait is almost over. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

59 minutes ago, StephB said:

Good morning. I've just called the LCB's office and been told that the emails regarding October 20th audition's results will be sent out later today. 

The wait is almost over. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Thank you StephB and good luck everyone! 🙂

Audition results are coming through. Unfortunately, DD didn't make it to the final this time but she got further than last year. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting for the 20th October results! 🙂

DD didn't make to the final either. It was her first time auditioning with LCB and after the second audition she actually told me she knew she didn't make it into finals...and she was right 😀

Best of luck to those still waiting for results! 

Hi everyone - it's a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone that has a young dancer who will be at LCB Finals on 24th Nov finishing from 4:30pm onwards that happens to be travelling back to Berkshire or West London? If so, please would you message me?

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, MAK said:

Hi everyone - it's a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone that has a young dancer who will be at LCB Finals on 24th Nov finishing from 4:30pm onwards that happens to be travelling back to Berkshire or West London? If so, please would you message me?

Many thanks!

Just to say, thank you so much to this forum and to the mums who have been in touch to offer help 😍, you are amazing thank you!!!

• Like 1

I would assume we won't know until next week, as they said "by the 5th December".  It took 8 days for the results of the 10-yr-olds recall auditions, so I dont't imagine this would be quicker.

Yes it will be next Thursday then I guess - was hopeful it might have been yesterday as the 11 year old recall took only from Sunday to Thursday. I notice their emails often arrive on a Thursday 

In 2017 we got results the Friday after the final audition - so five days later. Good luck  everyone 🍀

Thanks for letting us know results are expected on Monday.  Where did you get the info re: the masterclass? Was that on the flier that they gave us on the day? I think I may have lost that without looking at it properly in which case I'll give them a call on Monday. Is it for everyone who got through to the final?