London children's ballet- advice please?

HopelessMummy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Catlynn said:

Hi StephB, our DD was recalled as well and no, we haven’t heard anything yet about finals. Hope to hear something soon. Maybe they have taken the week off for half-term? 🙂

Hi Catlynn. Sorry, I didn't notice your reply yesterday (I'm very new to this). I thought the same about half-term. Fingers crossed we hear something soon 😊

Edited by StephB

10 hours ago, Honeyfruits said:

My daughter has been asked back to the finals audition in November. Does anybody know roughly how many children get to the finals please and how long the audition will last? 

Hi, what date did your daughter audition please? 
I gather the final audition is similar to the other 2 but harder, they learn small sequences from the ballet to try out and everyone is impressive so competition is stiff. I don’t know numbers, just that 600 applied to audition.

I don't know exactly how many get finals but they look to choose around seven from each age group.  That said the oldest girls are age 14 and boys 16 so this does vary.  It also depends on the parts and relative height and technical ability.  As with everything in the world of dance a no is not always a reflection on ability.  Well done to those who have finals and good luck with the audition.

59 minutes ago, StephB said:

Good morning. I've just called the LCB's office and been told that the emails regarding October 20th audition's results will be sent out later today. 

The wait is almost over. Best of luck to everyone waiting!

Thank you StephB and good luck everyone! 🙂

DD didn't make to the final either. It was her first time auditioning with LCB and after the second audition she actually told me she knew she didn't make it into finals...and she was right 😀

Best of luck to those still waiting for results! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone - it's a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone that has a young dancer who will be at LCB Finals on 24th Nov finishing from 4:30pm onwards that happens to be travelling back to Berkshire or West London? If so, please would you message me?

Many thanks!

5 hours ago, MAK said:

Hi everyone - it's a bit of a long shot, but is there anyone that has a young dancer who will be at LCB Finals on 24th Nov finishing from 4:30pm onwards that happens to be travelling back to Berkshire or West London? If so, please would you message me?

Many thanks!

Just to say, thank you so much to this forum and to the mums who have been in touch to offer help 😍, you are amazing thank you!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for letting us know results are expected on Monday.  Where did you get the info re: the masterclass? Was that on the flier that they gave us on the day? I think I may have lost that without looking at it properly in which case I'll give them a call on Monday. Is it for everyone who got through to the final?