Summer School 2013?

MeganReid

I am currently in my first year of full time training at sixth form level and I am looking for summer schools this upcoming summer. I am looking to be applying to as many as possible so if anyone knows any schools/companies that are hosting summer schools this year please let me know! :)

I am sure your dance school will recomend the right summer school for you, just ask the director of dance as I am sure that she will know what summer schools will suit you best. We have always found Elmhurst summer school to be a really good course and my daughter just loves the BRB dancers who take the classes.

Also are you considering UK summer schools only or would you consider going abroad? There are many schools in the US that have summer schools and quite a few in Europe but it depends on funds and how long you would consider being away from home (some of the US ones are 5 or 6 weeks long)..

The Royal Conservtoire of Scotland in Glasgow are holding their first summer school for vocational students 17 plus I think. Taught by BA Modern ballet faculty including Paul tyres depute director of Scottish ballet. their facilities are great and previous summer schools for 10-16 have been very popular. Worth a look on the website.

Thanks for all your replies! I am looking to find as many as possible and still looking! I will of course ask my school what they recommend but I'm on half term now so really doing the research while I have a break because term times is super busy! :)

re auditioning for US schools this usually takes the form of a DVD for overseas students, you don't have to turn up on the audition tour! The format/content is generally similar for most schools so if you have a camera that takes digital film and can work an editing programme you can do it yourself relatively easily (helps if your ballet teacher is hally to provide guidance). The quality doesnt have to be oscar winning (!) as long as it provides a reasonable idea of the student in the requisite class exercises...

• Like 1