Here is the official post-performance video.  We await announcements of future performances.  I wouldn’t count on it coming to London with the amount of negative sentiment in this country towards Sergei, other places may get booked first.  So if you do want to see Johan Kobborg’s gift of love to Alina Cojocaru and Sergei you may have to travel ....

• Like 5

What a wonderful travelogue the film makers have done for Verona.  Were they to come to London (and a substantive part of me would hope that they might choose the Lowry or the exquisite Festival Theatre in Edinburgh) I would hope that they might do the same for - i.e., gift - their UK venue.  Certainly such could but help the nation's tourist industry with aplomb.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

Just out of interest is the Stratford on Avon Theatre ....The Swan...I think .....in any way suitable for ballet performances? 

Thanks Amelia ....I think that's the smaller theatre so I guess it's The Royal Shakespeare Theatre....the main one I was thinking of.

Its quite a long time now since have been to the theatre there so have no idea whether the stage would be suitable for dancers or not!

I was just thinking ....in a completely non joined up way ....about the Kobburg/ Polunin R and J possibly being staged at a theatre famous for Shakespeare and also producing a nice tourist promoting video as above to promote the show!

As you do when too much time on your hands 🙄

19 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Thanks Amelia ....I think that's the smaller theatre so I guess it's The Royal Shakespeare Theatre....the main one I was thinking of.

Its quite a long time now since have been to the theatre there so have no idea whether the stage would be suitable for dancers or not!

I was just thinking ....in a completely non joined up way ....about the Kobburg/ Polunin R and J possibly being staged at a theatre famous for Shakespeare and also producing a nice tourist promoting video as above to promote the show!

As you do when too much time on your hands 🙄

I don't know whether the stage is suitable or not but Sadler's Wells Royal Ballet used to tour there.

• Like 1

I believe they show the cinema live broadcasts there at the moment.

A few years ago, for a performance celebrating the Shakespeare 400 hundredth year since his death (I think) Naghdi and Ball danced the MacMillan R and J pas de deux and it looked slightly cramped. The new thrust stage is longer and narrower than the old proscenium stage. I have seen productions with dance in them and they've been fine, but don't think it would be suitable for full scale ballet. Also, quite a number of the audience would be treated to nothing but back views of the dancers!

• Like 2