Dutch National Ballet's Igone de Jongh leaving

1 minute ago, toursenlair said:

The most famous Dutch Ballerina of her generation is still to be admired in the gala on September 10, ALL 7 shows of best of Balanchine III in September and in Romeo & Juliet on 10, 22 and 31 October .

Edited by toursenlair

1 hour ago, RHowarth said:

Where did you find the casting please for Best of Balanchine 3?

The info about Igone de Jongh's performances was just on the DNB facebook posting about her. I don't think they've announced full casting yet (in my experience with DNB it's not until a couple of weeks before.

1 hour ago, toursenlair said:

The info about Igone de Jongh's performances was just on the DNB facebook posting about her. I don't think they've announced full casting yet (in my experience with DNB it's not until a couple of weeks before.

Thanks! I've got tickets for a couple of these. 

Just found this (Google translate) from a Dutch media outlet:

Igone de Jongh, first soloist of Dutch National Ballet, says goodbye to the company after 24 years. 39-year-old De Jongh started her career in Amsterdam in 1996 in the lowest rank. In 2003 she brought it to the honorable position of first soloist. Since then she has danced almost all the main roles in classical ballet.

On October 31 De Jongh dances her last performance in Amsterdam with the female title role in Romeo and Julia, one of the roles with which she garnered great success. In her career, she worked closely with choreographer Hans van Manen.

She became known to the general public as a member of the jury for the TV program Dance, Dance, Dance that was shown on RTL 4 between 2015 and 2018.
'Departure at the peak'

In an explanation of her farewell, the ballerina calls The National Ballet "the most beautiful company in the world." De Jongh: "It feels strange, but at the same time good to leave at the peak".

In 2016, she celebrated her 20-year anniversary with the National Ballet:
Igone de Jongh 20 years with the National Ballet

De Jongh can also be seen in her performances Het Gala and Best of Balanchine III until she says goodbye to Dutch National Ballet. After that she will continue as an independent dancer.

First soloists in a company are chosen for the main roles in ballets. They must excel technically, be able to perform all difficult steps and have a special appearance. Not many dancers reach this highest rank.
"Example and source of inspiration"

Director Ted Brandsen of Dutch National Ballet says that her charisma, warm personality and charisma have made De Jongh a public favorite. "She is also a great example and source of inspiration for generations of young Dutch girls and boys who want to become or have become ballet dancers."

Igone de Jongh studied dance at the National Ballet Academy and The Royal Ballet School in London. Already during her studies she won the Arnold Haskell Award, named after an influential reviewer who later became director of the British Royal Ballet Training.

In 2002 De Jongh received the Incentive Prize from Stichting Dansersfonds '79 and a year later the Alexandra Radius Prize. In 2016 she was awarded the Golden Swan for her contribution to Dutch dance. A few months later, Igone de Jongh was named Knight in the Order of the Netherlands Lion.
  • Like 2