Ballet Theatre UK Christmas Carol tour

We are mean but tbh I wasn't sure if I was allowed to repeat here what was said. But you need a copy anyway.:-) If you have issues buying it let me know and I'll send it to you .

That is so kind of you! But I now have copy in my hand and thoroughly enjoyed reading the whole magazine.

Thought the review very fair and hopefully it will encourage more people to come and support a new company, especially a British based one that gets no public funding. And yes its rather a thrill to see ds name in print! Especially in complimentary fashion! Incidently I was at the Bishops Stortford performance reviewed. I reckon I was sitting not far from the reviewer! Glad I didn't realise though.

I do hope the reviewer gets to watch again though (he mentions in the article about the multiple castings being a good excuse to watch again) because a certain young man would be very put out if his interpretation of Scrooge was thought of as a "night off"!!

Incidently the performance at Tunbridge Wells will feature the same cast reviewed in Dance Europe. Will be interesting to know what you think Julie!

And thanks folks again for telling me about the review- an exciting moment in ds early career indeed!

• Like 2

Even more emotional now I've seen Ballet Theatre UKs pictures on Dance Europe website. Clicked on galleries and lo! lots of wonderful pictures!( Not however the same casting as the review) Needless to say I will be after a copy or two of Scrooge.....

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Don't believe this. My oldest dog has a poorly eye which isn't improving. I have to take him in tomorrow for them to check. I'm still hoping to make it but it will depend on how he is and how serious the problem. I'm dropping him at 12 and if running to time I should be able to get home and run up the hill to the Assembly Hall. I will be so disappointed if inow miss this.

I made it. Dog is poorly but the vets wanted to keep him in and said an afternoon at the ballet was just what they felt I should do then I wouldn't be harassing them.lol

A fabulous afternoon. I seriously recommend anyone who can catch this does. A certain someone was wonderful. A true talent. Can I mention names? Well initials DB.:-)

For me I like my dancers to be wonderful dancers and actors which is often a problem, even in top companies. In a small company it is essential that the acting and dancing work. It did. Ok I'll admit it a little tear at the end. Pathetic! Its not as if I didn't know the story!!!

I think the small companies that tour are to be applauded. It isn't easy. The venues vary, its exhausting. But this company make it work.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Only three performances of this wonderful ballet left! Am looking forward to last one at Arlington Arts Centre, Newbury on Sunday.

But am posting because my boss just read out a very favourable review in this months Dancing Times over the phone! Will send dh for a copy...

• Like 1

I meant to tell you about that. Got it a couple of days ago. A great review I think from Croyden. More mentions too:-)

They have just put the dates on Tunbridge Wells for Alice and they are doing 2 performances, matineé and evening. So I'll definitely book for that.

Bet he'll be exhausted and deserve a good rest and being pampered by Mum.

Happy Christmas.x