Abay Kazakh Ballet at the Coliseum: Scheherazade and Chopiniana

Just seen on the Coliseum website: https://londoncoliseum.org/whats-on/scheherazade-chopiniana/; performance on Sunday 17th November. Tickets from £10.

For those who didn't already know, Chopiniana is better known as Les Sylphides in this country; and Scheherazade is apparently the Fokine version.

Is anyone familiar with the company, aside from what's in the blurb on the Coli page?

Edited by Lizbie1
November not October!
  • Like 2

Looks interesting and thanks for alerting us @Lizbie1 but information online isn’t great (either coli website or other). For the prices the coliseum are charging (£25 as the cheapest not restricted view seats plus a £2.25 booking fee) I’ll give it a miss, although could be tempted if they end up doing deals for cheaper tickets and providing more info. Sadly I don’t see this selling well (although would be happy to be proved wrong!) so deals may be likely. 

Shame they are only doing one performance in London, seems a lot of effort/travel/set up costs for a single night? Perhaps the Coli was only available for one night due to other productions? I wonder if they are touring elsewhere in the U.K.? 

1 hour ago, JNC said:

For the prices the coliseum are charging (£25 as the cheapest not restricted view seats plus a £2.25 booking fee) I’ll give it a miss

If that's what's holding you back, I find most of the so-called restricted view seats in the Balcony no such thing. (Others' mileage may vary.)

52 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

If that's what's holding you back, I find most of the so-called restricted view seats in the Balcony no such thing. (Others' mileage may vary.)

Thanks - usually I’d agree - first row is usually restricted but you can dodge the bar ok (unless you’re sat in front of those hideous long protruding poles which are truly terrible and honestly the worst seats of any theatre, I wonder how people bear them and think they shouldn’t be sold). I tend to use seatplan for theatres etc as it often has pictures directly from the seat which is really helpful. 

(This just highlights how well designed the ROH is with no bars etc so fewer restricted seats.)

However they seem to have realised this and now it’s only the second row at £10 - and the bar is sure to get in the way (or someone’s head as they dodge the bar in front of them!). Otherwise you’re right at the back which to be honest I’d take over the second row. I really dislike the coli for this reason and much prefer ROH/Sadlers Wells. 

I’ve already spent a fair bit on RB’s autumn season so I reckon I’ll just see how I feel closer to the time.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...