Bolshoi: The Bright Stream

capybara

Thanks, capybara - I wouldn't have been checking that account otherwise.

Unfortunately, the bottom price still showing is £75, so halving it still doesn't get it down into my budget, but I'm sure someone will be interested.

Edit: is it for Thursday only?  If I back out and go to the Wednesday performance, nothing is showing up.

42 minutes ago, alison said:

Edit: is it for Thursday only?  If I back out and go to the Wednesday performance, nothing is showing up.

I don't know I'm afraid. I think that people can also ring the Box Office and tell them that they are on the Hochhauser list; so maybe that's the way of establishing to which performances the offer applies.

I think that they should have thought about having lower prices for this ballet from the 'off'.

1 hour ago, capybara said:

I think that they should have thought about having lower prices for this ballet from the 'off'.

I half agree, but when I checked this morning - well before I had an email about the offer - there were fewer than 200 tickets left for the Thursday (and maybe 85 for the Wednesday, no more). I don't know if any other discounting happened before then but if not, and Thursday sells out as I expect it to, they'll only have lost 50% of the ticket price on perhaps 200 (generously) of 4000+ tickets. So even if those are all top price, it's hard to see how anything more than very slightly lower ticket prices for Bright Stream would have paid off.

That is assuming, though, that there wasn't more discounting going on before then that I don't know about.

It did say it was for a limited period only: with performances starting tonight, perhaps they took it off.

Edit: still works for me, but then I was signed in, and perhaps they know I'm a mailing-list member because I booked that way earlier in the year.

2 hours ago, Tony C said:

Hi I just clicked on the link but it just takes you to the booking page with the prices at their original level. Was there a code to use.

Thanks for posting this anyway 

best

Tony C

Tony the link still works. You need to click on the seat you want and the 50% option then comes up as well as  the full price option.

3 hours ago, Tony C said:

Hi I just clicked on the link but it just takes you to the booking page with the prices at their original level. Was there a code to use.

Thanks for posting this anyway 

best

Tony C

If you're a Friend of Covent Garden, the link only works if you're not signed in.