John Mallinson

I will miss John's pithy assessments of choreography and performances, crisply delivered in the intervals, and his calm good sense.  It was always such a pleasure to talk with him. His dance interests were very broad and you would find him at some more avant garde performances at Sadler's at well as at ballet. He was always  affable and happy to agree or disagree with the utmost politeness and good humour. 

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. He will be much missed. 

• Like 4

I think Sim's initial post really says it all.  His "calm good sense" (thanks, Lynette) has been a huge benefit to the other Moderators over the last 7 years.  He is going to be hugely missed.

My deepest condolences to his family, and everyone else who mourns him.

• Like 4

Such very sad news.  I did not know John personally but felt his "presence" on the Forum in a very tangible and positive way.  He was always so very helpful in assisting when one had technical problems with the Forum.  My deepest condolences to his family and friends.  RIP, dear John x

• Like 1

• alison pinned this topic

I notice that life goes on as usual today at much of Balletco. It even includes flippancy on my part. I hope that this isn't a lack of respect, but perhaps John would have wanted it to be somewhat this way.

I also offer all my deepest wishes of condolence to his family.

• Like 1