Probably time I took a bow....

Pups_mum

Well I have been on this forum, and its predecessor for around a decade now, but I think it is time I bade you all farewell. I've made some good friends, had some great advice and help - notably when we got stuck behind an accident en route to DD's Advanced 1 exam and I was able to get a message to the RAD via another forum member who was already there! But I have noticed lately that I have less to contribute. DD is an adult now and the days of auditions and exams are long behind us. I'm pleased to say that she completed her degree, despite a lot of problems. A particularly troublesome and persistent injury made completion of the course very challenging and there were several occasions when I thought she would give up. With hindsight, maybe different choices would have been better at various points, but I am proud of her for persevering and making the best of some difficult times. She has developed a passion for teaching and seems to have a talent for it, so that is her next step. Maybe one day I will find myself back at the beginning, making costumes and scenery for dance school shows and biting my nails over exam results, but this time on behalf of the teacher! 

But for now I wish you all and your DCs much happiness and success in the future. I'm sure I wont be able to resist dropping in occasionally, but I do think the time has passed when I can really be a useful contributor. So for now at least, its goodbye, and thank you.

• Like 11

Good luck to your dd for the next stage of her career and thank you for all your contributions. Please keep us posted on how your dd gets on with her teaching - it’s great to hear how people have progressed and moved through their dancing lives. 

You’ve been a wonderful and very highly valued contributor to this Forum, Pups_Mum.  You will be very much missed!  Very best of luck to your dd - we would love it if you’d pop in from time to time. 

With thanks,

Anna

• Like 1

Congratulations to you and dd for making it through to this point Pups_mum. What a lot of hard work and commitment it has been for both of you. And thank you for all the help and friendship you gave me and ds during that time. Wishing you both all the best for the future. 

• 2 weeks later...