Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

I know of a year 8 who has been given a remission and year 7 and like Ponklemum said less than any hand full given out This year out of 50+ places offered.  
Have you had a reply yet @Miss Tutu  and has anyone managed to get any feed back? Or any other good news xx

yes i emailed we didnt get one either im afraid 😪

21 minutes ago, ponklemum said:

Has anyone else just had a welcome email off the Hammond? Dd can’t do without an MDS which I stated in the financial forms so I’m surprised to get it. 

I think you probably need to formally decline the place, even though you’ve already said you would need an mds. 

On 19/06/2020 at 18:15, ponklemum said:

Has anyone else just had a welcome email off the Hammond? Dd can’t do without an MDS which I stated in the financial forms so I’m surprised to get it. 

I was told they will continue with enrolment until I tell them otherwise so assume you need to formal tell them if not taking up place x

Has anyone else had welcome letters? I am failing to get a response or a line of communication going. We are currently looking at options to fund this opportunity, which you will appreciate is a huge commitment. At the moment we feel so far down their list. It’s incredibly discouraging. 

41 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

Has anyone else had welcome letters? I am failing to get a response or a line of communication going. We are currently looking at options to fund this opportunity, which you will appreciate is a huge commitment. At the moment we feel so far down their list. It’s incredibly discouraging. 

We never got one but I did speak to one of the senior staff and said we probably need to put the idea of the Hammond to bed with no funding so they have probably taken that as a no!!  

1 hour ago, SpinningBoy said:

Yes we had welcome letters and also desperately trying to source some funding so that dd can take up her place. I haven't completed any forms yet though xx

17 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

Yes we had welcome letters and also desperately trying to source some funding so that dd can take up her place. I haven't completed any forms yet though xx

Hmmm - wonder why we’ve not received anything? Have sent another email - they are going to put me on the ‘you’re being annoying’ naughty step soon. In fact, I think I’m already on it!  

49 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

We never got one but I did speak to one of the senior staff and said we probably need to put the idea of the Hammond to bed with no funding so they have probably taken that as a no!!  

I would expect they would still expect you to formally decline the place given that we’ve all paid a registration fee. That’s why I would have thought everyone would have received a welcome letter at the same time. 

29 minutes ago, ButterflyBallerina said:

Is the welcome letter an actual letter or email from boarding staff ? X

It was welcome letter, student handbook, boarding handbook, uniform forms and loads of other forms to be completed and returned.

On 26/06/2020 at 14:40, WrapsnBows said:

Can I ask which senior member of staff did you speak to and was is by email ? or phone ? 

41 minutes ago, Miss Tutu said:

Can I ask which senior member of staff did you speak to and was is by email ? or phone ? 

It was one of my daughters teachers sorry so I probably shouldn’t say as that’s how I’ve got the teachers email 

I’m guessing you already have the generic email administrator@thehammondschool.co.uk but if not, it might be worth a try. They are usually very helpful at passing things on.  

21 minutes ago, Miss Tutu said:

Has anyone been lucky enough to find a way of  self funding ? 

Still trying and on the virtual induction last week it sounded like there were lots of people having to find funding. I think covid is having an impact on many of the organisations that would previously helped so not sure how many will be able to secure funding. We will keep trying until last minute but looking less and less likely that dd will be able to go x

1 hour ago, Miss Tutu said:

I didnt hear that on the meeting I thought all were going on there , Hammond have said most parents are self funding this year wish that was an option , best of luck

No, on the year 10 meeting they said there were 10 potential new starters but only 3 definates as the rest were still trying to raise the funding. I think you are right though more having to self fund this year compared to previous years xx

46 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

No, on the year 10 meeting they said there were 10 potential new starters but only 3 definates as the rest were still trying to raise the funding. I think you are right though more having to self fund this year compared to previous years xx

Less than a hand full got fee remission (which is less than last years fee remission) and only 12 MDs all to year 7 😢. Hard times 

13 hours ago, WrapsnBows said:

Less than a hand full got fee remission (which is less than last years fee remission) and only 12 MDs all to year 7 😢. Hard times 

I think I heard them say in meeting last week that there were only 17 year 7 dance pupils but maybe I misheard. If that is right then that is a lot less than previous cohorts of year 7 xx

Remember there will be new drama & new music course year 7’s (though they do not qualify to be considered for MDS....not sure if any fee remissions go to those courses either?)

Pretty sure a few years back it was 16 started year 7 dance but that a couple left over time & lots of new starters in years 8/9/10 so it expanded in size 

1 hour ago, Milzmam said:

I think I heard them say in meeting last week that there were only 17 year 7 dance pupils but maybe I misheard. If that is right then that is a lot less than previous cohorts of year 7 xx

In your daughter’s year group there were 16 dancers and 4 drama students  in the year 7 intake so I would say that’s about average. As Peanut says, this increases over the years.

1 hour ago, Milzmam said:

In my daughter year 7 class (Sept 2018) there were 18 dancers and one drama. Just over half had MDS. 
in Year 8 seven joined but two left, so year group totalled 24. I think there are 6-8 joining this September a mixture of dance and drama, so it will rise to roughly 30 for year 9.

I hope you manage to find some funding for your daughter. Fingers crossed x