Shoe repairs

balletbean

Hi all. 

New Yorkers :-  frayed elastic and missing buckle!  Any ideas where or how to acquire more tan elastic and replacement buckle for these shoes. I’m hoping a local cobbler could do the work if I can source these items. I’m trying to avoid having to buy a new pair. They’ve only been worn for class work, then rehearsals and one performance before disaster struck. 😫 

Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, Justkeepsmiling said:

If there is a Timpson’s shoe repairer nearby they should be able to fix them. I had to have a similar elastic/buckle repair done on a pair of sandals and they did a great job of fixing it.

Thank you. Unfortunately that would be a no. We do have a cobbler that’s probably old enough to be my father!! But one of those highly skilled old style craftsman. So if I could source the elastic and buckle I’m hoping I can test his skills to the limit. 

Try fabricland - they do flesh elastic which i have used for tutu straps before, it is a strong one too not like some of the ones I have seen. www.fabricland.co.uk I think. give them a ring if you can't find it on the website, we have a shop near us so I haven't looked for it online.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Brown said:

Try fabricland - they do flesh elastic which i have used for tutu straps before, it is a strong one too not like some of the ones I have seen. www.fabricland.co.uk I think. give them a ring if you can't find it on the website, we have a shop near us so I haven't looked for it online.

That’s fab. Thank you I shall take a look. 

19 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

Could you find a really cheap second-hand pair on eBay or similar? They wouldn't even need to be the same size. You could then get the cobbler to take the elastic and buckle off and use them for the repair. 

Thank you for the suggestion. What I didn’t say in the post, was while we were packing up I binned her battered old pair (buckles/elastic and all) . DD has said she had the buckle. Eerrr that’s a nope. 

Ive sourced the missing items on Fabricland as suggested by Mrs Brown but there was no option for postage just collection.  I’ve left a message hoping they could pop the items in the post. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

On 21/07/2019 at 18:02, balletbean said:

Thank you for the suggestion. What I didn’t say in the post, was while we were packing up I binned her battered old pair (buckles/elastic and all) . DD has said she had the buckle. Eerrr that’s a nope. 

Ive sourced the missing items on Fabricland as suggested by Mrs Brown but there was no option for postage just collection.  I’ve left a message hoping they could pop the items in the post. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

oh - they certainly used to post stuff, I am sure they will do. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2019 at 21:11, Mrs Brown said:

oh - they certainly used to post stuff, I am sure they will do. 

Thank you. Cobbler suggested to return the shoes as they were in such god condition. Managed to source the receipt and the owner of our local dance shop contacted her supplier. Within a matter of days my DD is now the proud owner of a brand new pair of shoes at no additional cost. 🙆‍♀️

• Like 2