Tring associate classes/CBA

Happymum

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD enjoyed the auditions today. She was in group 1 and I think there were 25 children in this group. My DD says that head master was there, (that's what the teacher told them). They did exercises at the barre, then stretching (hamstrings stretch, box split, frogs and front splits) then centre - finishing with a little routine. After us there was another group of about 25 children but they were older. my DD said that she did well so now we just need to wait and see. They promised the results within a week. Good luck to all who auditioned today.

• Like 1

My DD also auditioned in group 1 today. She was still unable to do the splits and was conscious of the fact that the majority of the group were able to! However apart from that she loved the audition process and stayed onto join the Ballet Taster Day group. She has had a great day. Good luck to all of you that auditioned.

I agree I don't think doing the splits was be all and end all! However when you are 9 and surrounded by others who can it is bound to knock your confidence. This is the first ballet audition apart from EYB (which was very different) my DD has done. Whatever the outcome she was glad to have taken part. My apologies if I have given the impression that I think the splits was the most important part of the audition! I really was just looking for some advice or reassurance on the subject.

I agree with balletmum. My DD can do it on one leg ( but not with square hips!) but not yet on the other leg. But the main thing was that they enjoyed it. We stayed for Christmas fair - just wanted to see the main school. The building is lovely inside. But I wasn't impressed with the toilets where we went before the auditions!

Yes i do agree, there were alot of girls there who were really flexable, but i was talking to one lady, and her other daughter was allready in the cba, and she said her daughter has really tight hamstring, so is still unable to do any splits and she is 11. This was out first ever audition so my dd was not stressed at all, cause she has never dealt with the No letters ! xx

Funny that you mentioned the toilets Happymum! I wondered why with such beautiful new studios the nearest toilets were a walk over muddy grass to reach ! Or maybe we missed them?

Wouldn't it make sense to have them in the same building ? Sorry if this is slightly off thread.

Sorry to hear the disappointing news....but Kat09 is right...it's a 'no'for now,not a 'no' forever. My older dd had a number of 'no's along the way but has had some successes too. The 'no's make the yesses that much sweeter :) There will be something else just around the corner. The most important thing is not to lose heart and to remember that these classes are a bonus. Our children's joy of dancing will be there without them. Good luck x

• Like 3

Unfortunately it's a no for us too. Interesting what has been said about the number of places available. Would they really take the time to audition children if there were no actual space in their age/ability group ?

Not looking forward to telling DD when she gets home! But all audition experience is useful , so hope she can get her head around that!