Relocating to Norwich - dance school advice

Lottie85

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum. My family and I are relocating to Norwich and I have a couple of questions re dance schools.

First of all for myself, where in the city is good for advanced adult lessons in tap, ballet, jazz and contemporary?

I am also looking for a dance school for my two young daughters, they are currently at an RAD dance school but I’m happy to change syllabus. I’m looking for somewhere with a high standard of teaching but with a friendly and nurturing atmosphere and not too much of a focus on competitions.

Thanks in advance! 

For the DC’s Central School of Ballet and Performing Arts is ISTD Charlotte is qualified and very experienced and really knows her ballet 

The Guildhall is RAD and also been in place for many many years although I haven't any recent experience at the school 

Good luck a very fine city indeed 

I messaged a friend who lives in the Norwich area and who is an adult dancer.  She came back with the following information on adult classes.

•  City Academy at the top of Bluebell Rd on Saturdays from 12.30 to 1.30, run by Grace Human, who trained at the Royal Ballet School at the same time as some of the dancers currently performing with the Royal Ballet & she's an excellent teacher & her classes are always good-humoured;   FB page "Ballet with Grace",

• The Garage, an offshoot of the Theatre Royal, also does classes at all levels. .

• Jane de la Tour at the Central School, George St. on Friday mornings at 9.15 - very creative.
  • Like 1