Waiting for Exam Results!

EverHopeful

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, cavycapers said:

Thank you!   Some days when I am creaking as I get out if bed I wonder how I did it.... Adrenalin maybe 😁

My theory is that it keeps you young. I've had back trouble for about 20 years but since I restarted ballet it has been so much better :)

• Like 4

Results are in!

Sadly I missed out on the Distinction, but I was only 3 marks away so a very strong Merit. 

Feeling pretty disappointed to be honest. I know it’s a good result especially considering I’ve only been dancing a few years. I just really wanted that score of 75. Maybe next time. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, DeveloppeD said:

Results are in!

Sadly I missed out on the Distinction, but I was only 3 marks away so a very strong Merit. 

Feeling pretty disappointed to be honest. I know it’s a good result especially considering I’ve only been dancing a few years. I just really wanted that score of 75. Maybe next time. 

Still a really good result so be proud. I got a really good pass and just missed merit by 2 marks. Was initially disappointed as hoped for higher but haven't done an exam for 30 years, am now in mid 40s and never did character or free movement before as only did classical when I was younger so guessing that was respectable! I know now what I need to work on so will get higher next time. Hope everyone else was happy with their results xx

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, NeverTooOld said:

I got a really good pass and just missed merit by 2 marks. Was initially disappointed as hoped for higher but haven't done an exam for 30 years, am now in mid 40s and never did character or free movement before as only did classical when I was younger so guessing that was respectable!

Aww brilliant, well done. And grade 6 is a high level as well! 

Thats the good thing about these exams - we can take our results and use them to help us focus on certain areas to improve on next time 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeveloppeD said:

Aww brilliant, well done. And grade 6 is a high level as well! 

Thats the good thing about these exams - we can take our results and use them to help us focus on certain areas to improve on next time 😊

DevD I think you should be pretty pleased with 72!! 

If there's only three marks in it and you're really keen to go for that Distinction ( and it certainly gets harder to achieve as you move up the grades)  you could always start the next level and retake this exam as soon as poss....you know the work so just a case of refining etc

Not that I would choose to do that ....I'd be happy with anything over 70!!  But you could pull those three marks in if you wanted I think 😊

Congrats to all adults who pass their exams this time around 

• Like 3

Congratulations to everyone who has passed exams.

16 hours ago, DeveloppeD said:

Results are in!

I think that's a great result. However it's a disappointment, I know, when you thought you'd done better and especially so when it's such a near miss. But we can use the marks to decide on where to focus our attention while working on the next exam. And, as others have mentioned, an exam is just a snapshot, taken of your dancing during around 50 minutes of time on one particular day out of your whole dancing life. I think that ultimately what our own teachers think of our achievements is more significant. BTW are you working toward Grade 6 next or IF?

16 hours ago, NeverTooOld said:

Still a really good result so be proud. I got a really good pass and just missed merit by 2 marks. Was initially disappointed as hoped for higher but haven't done an exam for 30 years, am now in mid 40s and never did character or free movement before as only did classical when I was younger so guessing that was respectable! I know now what I need to work on so will get higher next time. Hope everyone else was happy with their results xx

It's so hard to judge what to expect, isn't it? I had exactly that same mark for Grade 6, and like you I'd had no previous experience of Free Movement and very little of Character. I'm working hard on picking up a couple of extra marks and paying a lot more attention to those sections in preparing for Grade 7. I also comfort myself with the thought that very few people of my age go around jumping and as for all that kneeling (or worse, getting up again with grace)...and Grade 7 is even worse on the kneeling front!

• Like 4

So sympathise with those points the Red Shoes.

On the summer school this year Bethany taught a bit from Mats Ek's Giselle....very contemporary! 

And Laura the waltz from Cinderella to that lovely music. There's a kneeling bit in this latter but Laura did give us the choice of striking an alternative position which I was only too glad to accept so didn't have to try to do any surrepticious hand pushes to get up!! 

20 minutes ago, The_Red_Shoes said:

I think that ultimately what our own teachers think of our achievements is more significant. BTW are you working toward Grade 6 next or IF?

My teacher is extremely proud of me and gave me a big hug telling me it’s a great achievement, especially considering I’m an adult and have only been dancing a few years. The only person disappointed in me is me. I’m like that with everything though, constantly beating myself up about every little mistake in life. But I’m feeling much better about it today, it is an improvement on last time and a grade higher as well. 

I’ll be doing Grade 6 and Intermediate next. (We don’t do IF at my school.) I’ve already been attending the intermediate class for a while just for extra training but I won’t be ready for that exam any time soon. I’ll be starting grade 6 from scratch next month which I’m excited about. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2019 at 21:52, HopelessMummy said:

Our rad results came in on Saturday. 5 weeks exactly since the exam. DD got a distinction!

I wonder whether there is a difference between rad and istd. Istd seem to be happy to award distinctions, seems harder to get one in rad. I've looked at their information on their website too. c.25% got distinctions in grade 2 in one year... 

Congratulations to your DD. My DD took RAD Adv1 on the 28th June.  Only received the results yesterday, 17th September! It’s been a long summer. Well worth the wait. A very solid Distinction. ISTD examination results were received within weeks. 

• Like 2

On 05/08/2019 at 22:52, HopelessMummy said:

Our rad results came in on Saturday. 5 weeks exactly since the exam. DD got a distinction!

I wonder whether there is a difference between rad and istd. Istd seem to be happy to award distinctions, seems harder to get one in rad. I've looked at their information on their website too. c.25% got distinctions in grade 2 in one year... 

Interesting.  This year was the opposite for my daughter's group. 4 of them did RAD intermediate in March and ISTD Intermediate in May. 4 distinctions in RAD exam and 2 distinctions, a merit and a pass in ISTD! I know they can all have better/worse days, but that is quite a difference. (My daughter got distinctions in both. 😊)

• Like 1