TinyNEDancer

Elmhurst Young Dancers - thread for questions, tips, meeting other parents etc

Now that all of the Associate programme results are back (or at least the ones I know of), and the dust has settled on decisions,

acceptances etc I thought I would start a thread for those who will be at Elmhurst Young Dancers in September (& those who already are) to share tips, ask questions etc. 

(I will also start a BBA one too)

My DD is 8 and we are reasonably new to this type of thing. She’s excited to start though!

I look forward to meeting other parents of Elmhurst Young Dancers 😊

Year 6 young dancers finish today! They come back next saturday for a rehearsal as they are dancing on Sunday afternoon with the lower school for one of the Elmhurst shows x

Hi. Yes they need to apply again for secondary age associates in birmingham! But primary they keep places. 5 girls and 2 boys in birmingham young dancers are sucessful in gaining a place full time from September which I think is pretty good odds!

41 minutes ago, Ms Sunshine said:

Hi. Yes they need to apply again for secondary age associates in birmingham! But primary they keep places. 5 girls and 2 boys in birmingham young dancers are sucessful in gaining a place full time from September which I think is pretty good odds!

Definitely! 

Nice idea @TinyNEDancer - has anyone heard anything else form them yet since accepting? wondering when they send times and stuff. 

@Ms Sunshine has your DD enjoyed her time at elmhurst? Mine can’t wait 😆 did she do the jazz and the ballet or just the ballet? Xx

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Astrid said:

Nice idea @TinyNEDancer - has anyone heard anything else form them yet since accepting? wondering when they send times and stuff. 

@Ms Sunshine has your DD enjoyed her time at elmhurst? Mine can’t wait 😆 did she do the jazz and the ballet or just the ballet? Xx

We haven’t had anything since the offer email. It just said they were still confirming times etc so all info would follow after this. I’ll let you know if we get anything though. 

On 30/06/2019 at 13:36, Astrid said:

My dd did both classes. Most of them tend to do both. The jazz class really works of strength and flexability. Some would say Elmhurst young dancers is a much better program than other more highly aclaimed ones. X

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ms Sunshine said:

My dd did both classes. Most of them tend to do both. The jazz class really works of strength and flexability. Some would say Elmhurst young dancers is a much better program than other more highly aclaimed ones. X

my DD is absolutely delighted to be starting Elmhurst, she couldn't be happier!!

I know we’ll get the uniform list later in the summer, but I wondered if anyone could help with letting us know what ballet shoes the Young Dancers wear please? Trying to get slightly organised and buy some things in advance!! 

Thank you 😊 

5 hours ago, TinyNEDancer said:

I know we’ll get the uniform list later in the summer, but I wondered if anyone could help with letting us know what ballet shoes the Young Dancers wear please? Trying to get slightly organised and buy some things in advance!! 

Thank you 😊 

They are satin full sole and you can order them from the same place as the other uniform when you’re sent the list. 

Edited by 2Graceko
Spellcheck

6 hours ago, 2Graceko said:

They are satin full sole and you can order them from the same place as the other uniform when you’re sent the list. 

Thank you!