Preston Dance

Dance*is*life

One of my DD's former teachers trained there. I know a sample of one is totally meaningless but she is an excellent teacher! I believe they do the ISTD teacher training alongside more general dance training, and quite a few of the graduates go on to do things like cruise ship and holiday resort work as teaching. My DD had lessons with a lady who was one of the senior tutors at Preston over the summer a few years ago. I believe she has left now unfortunately but my DD learned a lot from her at the time. A couple of girls from my DD's old school went there but i am not sure what they went on to do. I believe the enjoyed the course though. They were both strong dancers and I think they would have probably got places on more well known courses had they not preferred to stay relatively close to home.

From my admittedly limited knowledge, it does seem to be quite a good course even though its not as well known as some others.

It’s a Level 3 course from what I gather and an excellent option for those not yet ready to move away from home at age 16. But there is an optional 3rd year for those wanting to continue rather than moving to a degree/diploma elsewhere.  (The teaching qualification is higher of course)

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight

Having had a quick look at the website they also offer a BA degree course which is part funded by student loans for students aged 16+.  The dance entry requirements are for a level 3 dance qualification so is for the more advanced dance student.  I have heard it is a good course for those looking for teaching qualifications (additional charge).  Certainly worth looking at.

Heather

aka Taximom