RBS Junior Associate Newbies

BattementBatty

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Whiteduvet said:

Hello all. Newbie mum here for a year 6 JA come September. 

A question-do we still have to apply for WL like non-JA’s or is it assumed that all JA’s will want to apply and so preliminary assessments are done in class? 

Everyone applies in the same way online. You can apply for White Lodge, Mids, or Both. It does ask if you are a JA on the form. Everyone has to attend the preliminary auditions. Then onto finals at White Lodge if chosen. X

On 16/07/2019 at 23:30, Crazylifecrazykids said:

Hi I'm a new JA parent and have found this thread very helpful already. We have had a crazy time since May, with 3 auditions, Ballet boost associates, RBS JAs and Elmhurst. She's never done anything like this before, much to our suprise and delight she was offered all 3!... Only started ballet 2 years ago. We decided on RBS and Ballet Boost in the end and humbly declined Elmhurst.

The leotard we also found an odd shape, we bought 2 sizes and both no quite right but she loves them. Jacket and trousers 9-11 are big.

Her blue skirt arrived too 

I was also curious about the photo rule in the handbook, so does that mean we can't post pics of our DCs in their tracksuit? I've seen photos of JAs especially first class pics but maybe the rule is a more recent one, or did it mean  no photos in the class surroundings? I'm not sure! 🤔😊

Hello! Just wanted to check I applied to Elmhurst but thought the auditions had been cancelled because of covid. Have I missed something?! 🤔

3 minutes ago, BattementBatty said:

My year 6 JA who started in September has NEVER worn her skirt!  £40 not well spent 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

What an awful waste! They are so beautiful too.

59 minutes ago, Fiz said:

What an awful waste! They are so beautiful too.

Yep. I don’t mind buying stuff that is uses but her teacher never asked them to put them on. I obviously can’t guarantee that she would never have used it but it doesn’t seem likely!  

4 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Hello! Just wanted to check I applied to Elmhurst but thought the auditions had been cancelled because of covid. Have I missed something?! 🤔

Hi :) 

Crazylifecrazykids posted that about last year’s auditions. Pretty sure this year’s haven’t gone ahead. 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma

That’s a real shame. :( The year 4 and 5 girls in DS class seemed to have worn their skirts a few times - they definitely did for the workshop and also the session us parents were invited in to watch. 

I know ours haven’t used character shoes yet (but we were warned not to buy them yet because they might not). 

Edited by BalletBoyMumma

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. Is this still the group used for newbies for the junior associate scheme this year? Just found out my dd got a place in year 6 in bath for JAs. We are very excited! 

Congratulations! 👏👏👏 And welcome to the group. 

Yes it is though a bit quiet at the moment. I think it was started after 2019 results so most of our children will have been in for a year (or as much of the year we’ve been able to attend) but hopefully, with a new round of results and the upcoming video auditions for yr4/5s it’ll get busier again. :) 

Any questions, do ask away. Hopefully you’ll get to know some other Bath JA parents too. ❤️