RBS Junior Associate Newbies

BattementBatty

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Mumof1 said:

We really like silky nude pants , you can buy them from Amazon but I know the new dansez leotard is pretty high cut on the leg so these might be better. iEFiELKids Girls' Ballet Dance Briefs Underpants Seamless High Leg Cut Dancing Knickers Underwear Dancewear https://amzn.eu/d/i2ermYv

we also have them and they’re nice, not as soft as silky though. 

Do they have to wear pants?? My daughter tends to go au natural under leotards 🙈

Just now, BalletMummy123 said:

Do they have to wear pants?? My daughter tends to go au natural under leotards 🙈

I think in the old style leo which was quite thin , all kids probably did but maybe with this new one it’s not necessary. 

On 04/09/2022 at 09:13, Csla said:

Hi,

my daughter is starting as a new year 4 and we've been asked to bring a mat. Does anyone know if there's a certain type that's more suitable (I know they have different thickness measurements?) many thanks 

Sorry this is addressed to @Mumof1.

Thank you so much for those links - appreciate it! 

The resistance bands - do you know if there a strong preference for Meglio or can I just buy one at my local Sports shop?

Thanks!

Edited by Jing

8 minutes ago, Jing said:

Sorry this is addressed to @Mumof1.

Thank you so much for those links - appreciate it! 

The resistance bands - do you know if there a strong preference for Meglio or can I just buy one at my local Sports shop?

Thanks!

Definitely no preference. Some have ones with loops, some plain ones and definitely not all one brand. 

Does everyone need to have resistance bands? We've had no communication to say we need them 🤔 is it different for different centres? In the handbook it says to bring a mat and then mentions that ballet body conditioning equipment is to be ordered online this year but had nothing further to say what/if we need that?

1 hour ago, DanceMum03 said:

Does everyone need to have resistance bands? We've had no communication to say we need them 🤔 is it different for different centres? In the handbook it says to bring a mat and then mentions that ballet body conditioning equipment is to be ordered online this year but had nothing further to say what/if we need that?

They don’t need any equipment at all but when my daughter started she soon started packing her band, just to help with a few stretches they do that don’t actually require bands. 
On watching day it did seem that most of the kids had them. Probably more for looking professional than actually needing them. (Well that’s why my daughter takes it🤣

6 minutes ago, RachH said:

We had a very detailed email from the teacher a few weeks ago, listing what equipment they needed - including a very specific ball and theraband (links to purchase were included). I think it must be variable based on the teacher.

Oh wow , we never had anything like that. Must be very teacher specific. 

8 hours ago, RachH said:

We had a very detailed email from the teacher a few weeks ago, listing what equipment they needed - including a very specific ball and theraband (links to purchase were included). I think it must be variable based on the teacher.

Yes we had an email last year from our JA teacher which mentioned equipment they want you to have with a link on where to purchase it. We received it once classes had started though. 

My daughters starting at the Totnes centre I'm a bit unsure about hair had read somewhere that it was plaits but the handbook I received said this:

'HAIR FOR STUDENTS All students with long hair must wear their hair drawn back from their face in a neat style (for example a bun) so that their hair does not cause a distraction when they dance. Students with very short hair are allowed to wear it down if it is too short to be drawn back into a ponytail.'

I don't know if it's different for different centres. Think I'm going to do a bun take the ribbons with me and see what the teacher says we are allowed to stay for the first 30 mins so assuming they will go through things like that. 

38 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

They will say if they have a preference at the first session, yes. Different teachers prefer different hairstyles and in some centres it varies by year group as well. 

At the centre we were at, the teacher preferred the crossed plaits and did a demonstration for anyone who wasn’t sure how to do it. 

Thank you that's good to know I will do a bun for tomorrow and see what they say which I think is for the best I'm good a neat buns but think the plaits if required will need a few practice runs.