RBS Junior Associate Newbies

BattementBatty

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ballerinamama said:

New London JA here. Does anyone happen to know what time the Year 6 London classes are? Thanks in advance.

Never mind, I see the answer to this above.

Hi I believe depending on if you’re 32 week or the 24 it’s 2.45 or 3 
we haven’t had confirmation yet of which time it’ll be . 

congratulations btw x 

Edited by Mumof1

my daughter will be starting London Year 6, she is so excited, having taken the online classes for 2 years, she can't wait to be in live lessons! Not sure when we will get the info about which class she will be in, anyone know how many year 6's they usually have?

Gosh - so grateful I found this forum! It's a treasure trove of info. Thank you to all the experienced Mums and Dads for helping us newbie's out! Just wondering whether the girls and boys classes are separate at the age of 9? Not that it matters either way to us, really just interested in how it all works! Thanks so much xx

Apologies for posting on here, DD was never a JA but is now an MA and I know how exciting it can be when you get that email and if you’re anything like me, I couldn’t wait to buy all possible uniform items (required and optional items!). However, MAs are changing uniform leotard this year. I’m not sure if it’s the same for JAs but thought I’d mention it in case anyone buys the old style leotard  pre-loved only to eventually regret not waiting to purchase the new style leotard. Again, I’m not sure if JAs are changing leotard too but MA definitely are. 

5 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Apologies for posting on here, DD was never a JA but is now an MA and I know how exciting it can be when you get that email and if you’re anything like me, I couldn’t wait to buy all possible uniform items (required and optional items!). However, MAs are changing uniform leotard this year. I’m not sure if it’s the same for JAs but thought I’d mention it in case anyone buys the old style leotard  pre-loved only to eventually regret not waiting to purchase the new style leotard. Again, I’m not sure if JAs are changing leotard too but MA definitely are. 

Ja’s are changing too. It’s still white but with a pinched front and a new waist belt. Good call to let everyone know . 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 21:44, Neverdancedjustamum said:

We are all very excited to see what the new uniform looks like.

I was just wondering has anyone had the email with the link to the new mids leo yet? In the info they sent out they said a link would be sent out once you send the forms back. Wondering if I had missed it? Xx

Hello, new JA mum here my daughter has been offered a place at the Totnes centre for what I assume will be a year 4 group is that how it works by school year? Does anyone know roughly what the times might be for classes? And how long before you get further information I know they must be so busy and have lots to do my daughter has asked me so many questions I don't know the answer too yet 😅  Thanks you 😊 

25 minutes ago, Astrid said:

I was just wondering has anyone had the email with the link to the new mids leo yet? In the info they sent out they said a link would be sent out once you send the forms back. Wondering if I had missed it? Xx

We haven’t had anything through yet. I just checked my junk folder too just in case. We have been waiting for that link with bated breath but also for the timings of the new online body conditioning classes. It’s very hard to commit to them and pay when I don’t know the times (I think it’s non-refundable too if you later find out that your DC can’t attend the classes).

Sorry to ask but those who were fortunate enough to receive a place for September, once you confirmed the place acceptance by replying to the email with your child’s name and the centre offered, have you heard anything back?! DS was offered a place in London, he’s 9 years and in year 4 at school but I’ve not heard since confirming the place. Panicking I’ve not sent the email or they’ve not received it 😬🙏

On 20/06/2022 at 19:40, Ruby22 said:

Sorry to ask but those who were fortunate enough to receive a place for September, once you confirmed the place acceptance by replying to the email with your child’s name and the centre offered, have you heard anything back?! DS was offered a place in London, he’s 9 years and in year 4 at school but I’ve not heard since confirming the place. Panicking I’ve not sent the email or they’ve not received it 😬🙏

Hi! Congrats to your DS 🎉 we have had an automatic reply but nothing with any info on yet x

On 20/06/2022 at 13:15, Neverdancedjustamum said:

We haven’t had anything through yet. I just checked my junk folder too just in case. We have been waiting for that link with bated breath but also for the timings of the new online body conditioning classes. It’s very hard to commit to them and pay when I don’t know the times (I think it’s non-refundable too if you later find out that your DC can’t attend the classes).

we just had an email about new associate uniform 😃 I’m always psyched by a new bit of kit 🙈 I also wish we could know the times of the online classes (although sadly don’t think we can do either)..

10 minutes ago, Astrid said:

we just had an email about new associate uniform 😃 I’m always psyched by a new bit of kit 🙈 I also wish we could know the times of the online classes (although sadly don’t think we can do either)..

Yes! Much excitement in our house because of that email too. I’m still not sure what the new MA uniform looks like, I think the one on the photo will be for either SA or AA. Still no word on timings of the online class. I’m also worried we can’t do either. I guess the tracksuit will stay the same? Although my DD tends not to wear it anymore especially when the weather is hot.

1 hour ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Yes! Much excitement in our house because of that email too. I’m still not sure what the new MA uniform looks like, I think the one on the photo will be for either SA or AA. Still no word on timings of the online class. I’m also worried we can’t do either. I guess the tracksuit will stay the same? Although my DD tends not to wear it anymore especially when the weather is hot.

I wonder if there was an option for those who can’t do it, like a recording or something. Probably not, as guess they need a teacher to be present, but would seem such a shame to miss them as they do sound really good. I wonder if it’s worth an ask.🤔 

39 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

Hmm I haven’t had an email - is this from RBS? Or the uniform stockist? Maybe the boys aren’t changing. 

It came from the newsletter address not the associates address. it was from the royal ballet school news. it said we would be sent an email with a link to the uniform shop early next week. but maybe JAs haven’t had it yet? We are now mids..🤔

4 hours ago, Astrid said:

Wow, this is exciting! I hear the JA leotard is changing? Will there be anything extra?

• 2 weeks later...

Have had information come through need to find a quiet time to sit and read it but does anyone know what JA1 means? Is it just the class? Timings are difficult for her current baller lesson so my head is a bit fried trying to make it all work 😱

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Jing said:

White/nude colour knickers recommendations please to wear under the JA white leotard. Other posts are quite old!

We really like silky nude pants , you can buy them from Amazon but I know the new dansez leotard is pretty high cut on the leg so these might be better. iEFiELKids Girls' Ballet Dance Briefs Underpants Seamless High Leg Cut Dancing Knickers Underwear Dancewear https://amzn.eu/d/i2ermYv

we also have them and they’re nice, not as soft as silky though. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mumof1 said:

We really like silky nude pants , you can buy them from Amazon but I know the new dansez leotard is pretty high cut on the leg so these might be better. iEFiELKids Girls' Ballet Dance Briefs Underpants Seamless High Leg Cut Dancing Knickers Underwear Dancewear https://amzn.eu/d/i2ermYv

we also have them and they’re nice, not as soft as silky though. 

Hi,

my daughter is starting as a new year 4 and we've been asked to bring a mat. Does anyone know if there's a certain type that's more suitable (I know they have different thickness measurements?) many thanks 

6 minutes ago, Csla said:

Hi,

my daughter is starting as a new year 4 and we've been asked to bring a mat. Does anyone know if there's a certain type that's more suitable (I know they have different thickness measurements?) many thanks 

Any mat will do, there’s all sorts being carried at our JA class. I’d just say something that has a mechanisms for easy carrying about on your journey? 

20 minutes ago, Csla said:

Hi,

Hello Csla and welcome to the Forum!