RBS Junior Associate Newbies

BattementBatty

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Balletclueless said:

Hi, newbie here.  My little one has been lucky enough to gain a place at Birmingham as JA1.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the difference between JA1, 2 and 3?  

I believe JA1 will be a combined class of Y4 and Y5 girls. JA2 will be a dedicated boys class for all years, 4/5/6 combined. So JA3 is presumably the Y6 girls class.

16 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

I believe JA1 will be a combined class of Y4 and Y5 girls. JA2 will be a dedicated boys class for all years, 4/5/6 combined. So JA3 is presumably the Y6 girls class.

We’re JA3 and year 5

Yes, @Lily Craggs our grouping is maybe just for Birmingham which seems to have been divided into 3 JA classes. I only discovered the other day that Birmingham will be putting all boy year groups together (JA2), whereas other centres sometimes have a dedicated Y6 class for the boys. 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Error

On 29/06/2021 at 13:24, Balletclueless said:

Hi, newbie here.  My little one has been lucky enough to gain a place at Birmingham as JA1.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the difference between JA1, 2 and 3?  

My daughter is JA3, Year 6. 

On 29/06/2021 at 13:24, Balletclueless said:

hello Balletclueless and welcome to the forum!

14 hours ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Skirt Length

I remember in our first day the girls had to put the skirts and kneel on the floor! The skirt was to touch the floor - no shorted and no longer 🤣

hips that helps 💗

Thank you. Hope my measurements are correct then! 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm not quite a newbie as my son danced with JA last year and this year my daughter will be joining him. But girls' uniform is a whole new ballgame!! I'd be interested in buying a JA character skirt if anyone has one for a tiny 21inch waist?

I'm interested to read some centres are now offering boys only classes. My son would love that but its not happening at our centre. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a basically brand new skirt I would like to sell. Would would fit a year 5/6.  If anyone is interested I will measure. 

it’s never been worn in class as she started in year 6 where Sept- March was basically technique and audition prep and then after that we went into the first lockdown. She wouldn’t part with it last year but happy to now. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, are there any seasoned JA parents who could advise on if a towel or yoga mat is preferred for class, eg what do most children bring ? 
a mat seems like such a bulky item to bring. And if it’s a towel , what size ? 
many thanks 

2 minutes ago, BattementBatty said:

Depends on the teacher. When my daughter was a London year 6 JA with Miss Krapft she specifically said towel not mat we had an email before classes started with class specific details. She is now an MA and it is may and towel. 

We’ll be in class JA3 with miss Gaines 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, New Ballet Mum said:

I’ve just emailed RB finance about this! We’ve received nothing either. I’m sure they’ll send them soon 😊

I am sure i read somewhere invoices will be sent in September. I know you can pay in full or in monthly instalments but i was wanting to know if you can pay in 2 instalments. I vaguely remember reading that somewhere you can pay in September and December but its not in the handbook. Unless its for another associate course. Hopefully we’ll hear soon. As its not long away, i hope you all your DC’s joining this year have the best time.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a while ago for us, but we always used to park at Eastleigh station and walk up to The Point. It’s only about 7-8 minutes, and there is usually plenty of parking on a Saturday. It wasn’t too expensive either, and I think I remember that the rate is for the day, so there was no panic if we overran (stayed behind chatting)!

• 8 months later...
9 hours ago, Tiredtoes said:

Does anyone know which class is the year 6, 32 classes in London? (girls)  JA4? JA5? And what time it was this term? Trying to plan for next year.

Do they combine girls and boys in year 6? Or have separate classes? 

32 week girls have been told the two class times for next year (due to an email coming out about a new teacher). According to this they will either start at 2.45 or 3 depending on which class they are in.