• 1 month later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

My DD is a newbie for year 6 in Bath

and we have our first zoom meeting with parents on Saturday. Just wondered, are they expected to wear uniform for the zoom or is it more casual? I assume not as they aren't dancing? Also how does it work with the groups? We are in JA Green group in Bath. Will this be only year 6 or do they years up within the centre? Just wondering what to expect really! 

Thanks x 

• 1 month later...

Hello, my DD is starting in London as Y4 in Jan. I'm just doing the uniform order and it says you can order ballet shoes through them or from a local stockist. Does that mean that my DD can wear any kind of leather ballet shoes?

She has very wide feet and we have a nightmare finding shoes that fit her. The ones that suit her are Starlight split sole with cross elastics. Will these be acceptable? It doesn't say anywhere that they need to be full sole/single elastic.

Thanks! 

Edited by Millicent
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask about ballet shoes please? My DD will start in London JAs in Jan. They just say leather ballet shoes, is split sole with cross-elastics OK or are they very strict? My DD has feet that don't seem to fit most brands so I'd rather not buy the ones they recommend as they are really unlikely to fit her. 

32 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Can I ask about ballet shoes please? My DD will start in London JAs in Jan. They just say leather ballet shoes, is split sole with cross-elastics OK or are they very strict? My DD has feet that don't seem to fit most brands so I'd rather not buy the ones they recommend as they are really unlikely to fit her. 

Hi, my DS is Year 6 in London in an all boys class (so might be different for girls). He wears white split soles and canvas either the SD16 from So Danca or the Hanami from Capezio. Luckily, it has never been mentioned as an issue as he is very particular about his shoes and does not like drawstrings. Before the pandemic they used to take shoes off anyway for some of the foot exercises in class I think. Do you know who your daughter's teacher will be? 

5 hours ago, Millicent said:

I had the same problem and emailed them to ask. They said no problem with split sole leather. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Millicent said:

Thanks, I think the teacher is Miss Krapf. There were no specifics about shoes on the uniform list, just some suggested shoes that you could order but not obligatory. I can't imagine that one brand would fit all students?

The ones we have don’t fit great at all, we just followed the uniform list, may be different across centres and year groups. 

• Like 1

We bought the shoes on the uniform list and they aren't the best to be honest... my daughter has a beautiful point but you can't see it in those shoes! Ended up buying her split sole canvas which are lovely and show off her point but probably not as supportive as the full sole shoes. We haven't made it to a live JAs since the first week so I am yet to see whether she will be allowed to wear them! X 

14 hours ago, Millicent said:

Thanks, I think the teacher is Miss Krapf. There were no specifics about shoes on the uniform list, just some suggested shoes that you could order but not obligatory. I can't imagine that one brand would fit all students?

my daughter had Miss Krapf in a mixed year 6 class last year. She is really lovely and really got to know the children in the short time she had them. In terms of ballet shoes it was definitely leather full soles for the girls - any brand. 

Congratulations to your daughter, @Yellowbutterfly! Mine is currently a yr 5 London JA, and we made the skirt for her when she joined last year. I say we... actually my clever mother-in-law. The associates team sent out the instructions on request, and they were pretty simple to follow. If you know what you're doing and have a sewing machine, it'll be fine! It took us an afternoon from cutting out to finished skirt.

• Like 1

Hello, I have a very excited (and relieved) DS jointing Birmingham Y5s in January. I know all will be revealed in good time, but does anyone know where Y5 boys might be placed in Birmingham? Is it a boys only group?For example, do they mix Y4 and Y5, or Y5 and Y6? Just curious where the new intake ‘slot into’ the existing groups.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 11:38, GabrielleDeV said:

Congratulations to your daughter, @Yellowbutterfly! Mine is currently a yr 5 London JA, and we made the skirt for her when she joined last year. I say we... actually my clever mother-in-law. The associates team sent out the instructions on request, and they were pretty simple to follow. If you know what you're doing and have a sewing machine, it'll be fine! It took us an afternoon from cutting out to finished skirt.

I’m sorry, I have just seen this- thanks very much, this is really helpful. 😀

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Dancedreamer said:

Hi there I wonder if anyone knows the answer but If you put 2 centres down do you receive one email for one application or 2 emails if it goes out in centres? I have a long long wait yet but suddenly just thought about it. 

I’m pretty sure it’s the one email. 

Pre Covid I recall someone auditioning in Newcastle for Leeds and they got their results with all the Newcastle results even though they’d applied to attend Leeds and those results were issued later (if that makes sense!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJBallet said:

I’m pretty sure it’s the one email. 

Pre Covid I recall someone auditioning in Newcastle for Leeds and they got their results with all the Newcastle results even though they’d applied to attend Leeds and those results were issued later (if that makes sense!) 

thank you

• 2 months later...