Shale Wagman @ mariinsky

5 minutes ago, Blossom said:

If anyone follows Shale on Instagram he has posted a link to an article in Russian from Beatrice magazine. Negotiating with google Chrome’s translation tool, despite the terrible translation, it does seem to suggest his performance at the Mariinsky is not a one off.

”This dancer was ‘acquired’ by the Mariinsky, not as a one off but for many seasons.”

www.beatrice.com/shalewagman - visit in chrome and should give the option to translate.

Blossom, this is an assumption by the writer of the interview and is not a fact, please note that when Shale Wagman has confirmed his future he will announce it officially. I have translated the gist of the interview but I left out that sentence as it was ambiguous.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for any performer there is a desire to be appreciated and in the public eye. But there is also a time for privacy. I have NO inside information by the way, all I know is that no official announcement has been made so we can guess, we can hope, but we dont know...... 😶

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mandy Kent said:

There is an interesting interview with Shale in the Russian  'Beatrice' Magazine with stunning photos. 

http://beatricemagazine.com/shale-wagman/

For the benefit of those with neither the time or patience to translate the interview I will post it hereShale Wagman Beatrice interview.odt

I did this quickly so many apologies for the Capital Letters throughout...

(Google translate is pretty good but refers to Shale as Sheila/Sheil throughout )

Thank you so much Mandy, for taking the time. It is a very interesting read. I'd rather read some opinions here than speculation about his future plans. 

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else worried for Shale, as he doesn’t appear to have joined a company?  I do hope he hasn’t been let down by verbal promises, and that it is visa problems or some such difficulty.  It’s now been 3 months since he left ENB.  If he has been let down, I imagine it would be difficult finding a place as I expect most companies are full, however much they might want him.

I remember Xander Parish saying there was a logistical problem with the Mariinsky paying him which took some months to work out.

• 4 weeks later...

On social media tonight, Shale has explained that he sustained a foot injury , prior to his Mariinsky performance, which proved to be a stress fracture. He is now receiving treatment and rehabilitation and let’s hope he makes a speedy recovery and we will get to see him dance again when he has completely recovered . 

• Like 4

It's so heartwarming to browse through the almost 800 comments regarding his injury. Such lovely messages of support and understanding and sending healing vibes. If it is just for this support, he will heal well and be back onstage wiser and  with even more passion. Wishing him only the best.❤

• Like 5